Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > what's the most ugliest, most usefull outside tool you got....

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ramit

what's the most ugliest, most usefull outside tool you got....
Original Message   Aug 1, 2005 6:23 pm

Cost me 100 bucks 16 years ago, learned how to weld on it. Ok, it maynot be powered, but it's butt ugly and has been soo useful.
Moved yards of dirt, gravel, 4K lbs of cinder block. I've used it to move all my power equipment, and to haul away all the debris when gutting and remodeling the rooms in my house. All original ~47 ford p/u, except for tires/rims/tongue assy and trailer lights. The original rotted floor boards and spacers are sorta still there. It's outlive a couple of my trucks. It's the big thorn in my wifes side cause it so ugly. But everytime we need mulch, since I haul it, we get it real cheap and she cant diss it then.

Edit: Thanks Marshall, rims and tires are worth more than the trailer.... about 5 years ago the original rims wouldn't hold air anymore (rust).. so these were my snow tires off of my club wagon Ford van.. which I sold about 8 years ago, but kept  the snow tires which were on their own rims..  dug them out of storage, perfect fit.
This message was modified Aug 1, 2005 by ramit

Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: what's the most ugliest, most usefull outside tool you got....
Reply #1   Aug 1, 2005 6:25 pm
Yea, but nice rims and tread.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #2   Aug 1, 2005 6:58 pm
It's a beauty ramit !  

My father had a similar trailer when I was a kid... shoveled and hauled tons of sand, gravel, cement, and rocks for all the concrete we mixed for walls...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #3   Aug 1, 2005 7:31 pm
A little sanding and some paint would pretty up a lot, but it is hard to dis something that is so useful

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
ramit

Reply #4   Aug 1, 2005 8:17 pm
If I sanded the rust, I'd have holes. I think there wind up being enough holes, that I wouldn't have a trailer anymore.
Atleast I don't have to worry about scratching it.

robmints

Reply #5   Aug 1, 2005 8:40 pm
1992 Ranger/Explorer wheels.  The bed I'm having more trouble with.
Garandman

Reply #6   Aug 2, 2005 11:57 am
That trailer is Jeff Foxworthy-worthy!
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #7   Aug 2, 2005 1:27 pm
The ugliest but most useful tool for outside...hmmmmmmmmmm....let me think......that's a very good question.
I'm picturing the outdoor tools at the house, Mantis tiller, Monster tractor, Power King tractor, 372XPG chain saw, wooden trailer for tractors, and several implements for the Power King, Craftsman snowblower, those in the eye of the beholder are beautiful things.  Then there are the hand tools, shovels, rakes, hoes, etc...these I really don't like.  It makes me ugly just thinking about using these wonderful tools.  They cause blisters, back ache, head aches, splinters, sunburns (if you're not careful), mud stains and total body exhaustion.  The end results are almost always worth the pain, but watching someone else do it makes it so much better, let's the lucky person sit back and get a good veiw of how things are going to look.
So the ugliest, but most useful tool would be, the person that's sitting on the door step bossing the other person around.
Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
ramit

Reply #8   Aug 3, 2005 9:52 am
Thats a good one Sherri...
Many bosses are often "tools", the more of a " tool" they are the uglier they are.

Emmo

Reply #9   Aug 3, 2005 12:14 pm
what's the most ugliest, most usefull outside tool you got...

I'd have to say my brother Bob........He's pretty ugly, definately a tool but pretty handy!

This message was modified Aug 3, 2005 by Emmo
ramit

Reply #10   Aug 3, 2005 1:35 pm
Seem to need to  spackle a crack in that room!

MTX20HZ

[AWB] Arcane Warrior Battalion Motto: Killed by a Mysterious Force

Formerly: Tech 9 Spas 12

Reply #11   Aug 24, 2005 5:33 pm
I dont own this tool, but many people with dogs do,     THE POOPER SCOOPER!!!

peace

Machete | [AWB]

AMD X2 4200 OC'ed +1.5Ghz// MSI Nvidia NX7800 GTX 256Mb w/D.O.T. * 1 Grand*// Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Thermaltake 680 PSU and Tsunami Case//Raptor 74 G 10K HD//  Dual MTX 12" // Harman Kardon AVR235 receiver 7.1// JBL Floor's ,Book Shelfs, Center// 26"  HDTV LCD, HK DVD Burner, 8HP go-Truck
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42