Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Just got back from my Snapper dealer.............

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Emmo

Just got back from my Snapper dealer.............
Original Message   Jul 20, 2005 2:57 pm
Another unimpressive visit.....

My Snapper SPWB broke its clutch spring......no big deal, but a little surprising after barely 2 seasons.  Unit still under Snapper 3 year warranty(or so I thought), I take the spring off and take to dealer for replacement. (Saves me loading it, waiting a few days for repair and trip back to pick it up).

Dealer says only 2 year warr. bumper to bumper, 3rd year only covers major stuff. He gets the spring and goes to find the price, I begged to differ about the warranty, but he insists and I am not in the mood to fight over a couple of bucks. Turns out he can't find the price because of some software screw up so he has to call the simplicity dude for a price. While he's on the phone he asks Simplicity man about the 3 year warranty, Simp. man says yeah its covered.

Dealer gives me the spring and then acts like he has done me some huge favor getting the warranty to cover it!! (The part is $2.13 at Jacks). I reminded him to make sure he writes himself up a nice warranty repair bill that will pay him some shop labor, since I was kind enough to make the repair myself and was only asking for the part at N/C. He wasn't impresssed.....

Neither was I..............when the warranty is over, so is our relationship.

PS   Since Simp bought Snapper, warranties have changed from 3 years to 2 years.  FYI.
This message was modified Jul 20, 2005 by Emmo
Replies: 14 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Just got back from my Snapper dealer.............
Reply #14   Jul 22, 2005 5:59 pm
Good dealers are very important to me, more like gold if I would ever have to depend on them to service my OPE in a timely manner.  Some issues just have to be understood.  I live in an area that Ag and OPE is depended on to help make a living so a good dealer I don't think is hard to find around here. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #15   Jul 23, 2005 8:14 am
Hey, I vote that we make Chris and Sherri move their business here to western NY......they sound like great dealers!

It's already been determined that I'm geographically located.......

You can do it Sherri........Batavia has a new Tim horton's and we also just built a new city hall.....they even spelled it goofy, calling it  the "City Centre"

You guys would fit right in!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #16   Jul 23, 2005 8:29 am
about that ariens that cant accept the inteck engine.

yea after i put at least 3 on i was told by some folks from ariens that it couldnt be done.

seems their engineers had tried it and failed.

i dont know why they couldnt but i put them on all the time . we install them if the customer buys the engine from us we put it on for free,we usually take what ever is left of the old engine for parts.

i have even put a honda on at least one and they all worked great.

you have to make a few mods but its not impossible.

really makes a good snowblower great.

our parts warehouse even called to find out what we were doing with all these intecks ,couldnt beleive we were putting that many on snowblowers.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #17   Jul 23, 2005 1:30 pm
You really are great dealers.  Dealers doing that kind of work seem to be hard to find.  

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 14 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42