Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda mowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
OldToroOwner

Honda mowers
Original Message   Jul 17, 2005 12:33 pm
Hello gang,

Haven't posted in a while because I've been so dang busy doing stuff on my house!!..

Thinking about getting a new self-propelled but I'm torn between a Briggs engine and venturing into Honda 'territory" for my next mower.   I liked the new HRX models I saw at Home Depot($599.) Don't think I want to buy it there as I've seen some of the OPE they assemble..LOL.

Anyone have any experience wth their mowers??

I want my next mower to last a good, long time as my current 8 year old Murray's drive system has been hit or miss lately and it may be on it's last leg. It's got a Briggs 5.5 quantum engine on it that's served me well, though. Would like to go to a 6.5 because there's been times when I could have used the extra power.  Don't want a push model, either. Will probably stay between $500.-600, or so price wise. Although I like the idea of a light weight deck ,is plastic the way to go?..or should I go aluminum?? I've a lot of concrete edgeing(sp?) on my property , of which I'm always running against, so I'm a little concerned about the durability of the plastic decks!

Also am considering the "higher -end" Toro's as I'd like to stay clear of the Tecumseh engine on mowers...just my prejudice, I guess. 

Any thoughts?...Recommendations?...

Thanks..

This message was modified Jul 17, 2005 by OldToroOwner
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42