Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > That thing got a Hemi????

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Emmo

That thing got a Hemi????
Original Message   Jul 16, 2005 1:14 pm
Replies: 17 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: That thing got a Hemi????
Reply #17   Jul 20, 2005 9:37 pm
newjerseybt wrote:
I got the Hemi thing in my 2004 Dodge Ram. It's....just OK. If the truck were 2000 pounds lighter and had a 410 posi rear instead of the 276 or what ever it has now...it would haul a$$. I wish it had dual stainless steel exhaust. It probably would have an additional 15 HP. 
Put on a K&N filter charger with those duals and you can count on 30-40HP more and better mileage to boot!

BTW, talk to Snowshoveler Chris about the accelerator pedal trick for your Hemi, seriously!
robmints

Reply #18   Jul 20, 2005 10:17 pm
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #19   Jul 23, 2005 9:13 am
mmmmm...my hemi is a 2004 ram with 3:55 gears is very lazy around town.its so bad i can hardly keep up withan old tired honda civic with an automatic tranny.

sherri,s f150 4x4 with a six will easily run away from it in town and is better on gas.

in my opinion dodge made a mistake with these. the hemi is built to turn a lot of rpms and then they give it crappy gears and a lousey  tranny thats always shifting up instead of down.

its a shame they couldnt build the rest of the truck to handle the engine ,it would sure be awsome if they did.

ive had 3 dodges in a row and this is the last one for me.

its been a real dissapointment to me and now sherri wont even drive it now,she says she would rather walk.

disgruntled hemi driver

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #20   Jul 23, 2005 1:08 pm
I thought the flash worked?  Did the dealer flash it and you do to pedal trick? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Emmo

Reply #21   Jul 23, 2005 1:18 pm
snowshoveler wrote:

in my opinion dodge made a mistake with these. the hemi is built to turn a lot of rpms and then they give it crappy gears and a lousey  tranny thats always shifting up instead of down.

its a shame they couldnt build the rest of the truck to handle the engine ,it would sure be awsome if they did.

Maybe they will get it right with time...........The first $#%*mins powered TD trucks were destroying drive lines by the boat load too. They eventually got the rest of the truck up to par with the motor.
Garandman

Reply #22   Jul 24, 2005 8:22 pm
The Chevy Big Block is up to $13,100 wit htwo days to go....
dale

Re: What is a hemi?
Reply #23   Sep 25, 2005 11:21 pm
I'm not much for brand loyalty, but I wanna see which one of these bad boys really works! I see the big block Chevy unit is out on the loose and presumably either ran out of fuel or snow or both! The Dodge still looks pristine in the showroom. I think these guys should man up for a 'blow off" to separate the men from the boys! I would pay to see that action going down...
Replies: 17 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42