Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Great time to buy a new truck

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Great time to buy a new truck
Original Message   Jun 8, 2005 5:40 am
I forget the guys name here I mailed the GM buying cert last year that saved him K's, BUT anywho, Just picked up a new Avalanche today taking advantage of Chevys "Employee" discount, available to everyone until July 5th.  Have ats Gents.  I spent the night pullin the exhaust off y 02, to put on my 05.  Ahhh that new car smell, and new Corsa exhaust is yummy!!!
Replies: 38 - 47 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
navihawk

Re: Great time to buy a new truck
Reply #38   Jun 25, 2005 10:08 pm
I just bought a Silverado Z71 extended cab in black of course.Got the GM employee price.I picked it up for $26,366.00 .Looked at Rams but I have always owned Chevy's so I couldn't veer away.The price was right too.I read that car and driver thing.I can't believe they feel that way.I love this truck.It has the small 8, 4.8 liter.289 ci?Plenty of power for me.How muck 1/4 mile speed does anyone need in a pickup anyways?It has the power to pull my trailer,and then some if i upgrade in a few years.Can't beat the Bose sound system either.In my opinion its neck and neck with looks with the Ram as far as style.They're all nice when they are new.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #39   Jun 25, 2005 10:14 pm
That's a steal Navihawk.  That engine is the Vortec 4800 @ 285 HP.  Plenty of giddy up.  Glad to hear ya got the Bose package, and of course BLACK.  Really, is there any other color??  My wife has the Z71 Tahoe in that metalic blue which is o.k., but i always tell her it's a black wanna be.  Enjoy your truck man!!!
  •  
  • Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #40   Jun 25, 2005 10:59 pm
    Nav, congrats buddy, nice ride! Hell, that truck has more HP with the small engine than the 350 did a few years ago.
    robmints

Reply #41   Jun 25, 2005 11:25 pm
    navihawk wrote:
    I just bought a Silverado Z71 extended cab in black of course.Got the GM employee price.I picked it up for $26,366.00 .Looked at Rams but I have always owned Chevy's so I couldn't veer away.The price was right too.I read that car and driver thing.I can't believe they feel that way.I love this truck.It has the small 8, 4.8 liter.289 ci?Plenty of power for me.How muck 1/4 mile speed does anyone need in a pickup anyways?It has the power to pull my trailer,and then some if i upgrade in a few years.Can't beat the Bose sound system either.In my opinion its neck and neck with looks with the Ram as far as style.They're all nice when they are new.

Nice, Hawk. I'm one that thinks like you, stick with what you like. I like Fords, but wouldn't even try to convince a Chevy, Dodge, or Toyota guy to look at a Ford. OK, maybe I would, but not real hard.

Your truck sounds great. Can't beat the deal.
    AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #42   Jun 26, 2005 2:45 pm
    I like the inside of the new Silverados, but they just can't seem to convince me on the exterior.  I liked the style from 00 to 02.  Real nice sweet truck.   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

Reply #43   Jun 26, 2005 8:14 pm
    AJace wrote:
    I like the inside of the new Silverados, but they just can't seem to convince me on the exterior.  I liked the style from 00 to 02.  Real nice sweet truck.   

They could have a better job the front end huh?
    navihawk

Reply #44   Jun 26, 2005 8:35 pm
    I like the front end now.I didn't used to.It grows on you.I just took off the dealers little plastic stick on.Used dental floss to get it off.Then I am on my way to my brother in laws for a cook out and drivind up 495 and a rock pings the windshield puttin a small spider crack in it dead center.What luck.I bought that harley a few months ago,and ended up spilling it because some guy slammed his brakes on in front of me.I locked em up and dumped it breaking my collar bone and some ribs.Needless to say my wife and daughter want me to sell the bike....Hence the new truck.Bike?I don't need no stinkin bike.
    This message was modified Jun 26, 2005 by navihawk
    robmints

Reply #45   Jun 26, 2005 8:49 pm
    Steve,
    Sorry to hear about your spill. Hope you saved the pain meds for when you feel better.
    Marshall

Reply #46   Jun 26, 2005 8:53 pm
    Steve, could have been worse.

Hell, you came out of it with new truck!
    AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #47   Jun 27, 2005 1:38 pm
    At least you can still enjoy these nice things like you used to.  I think learning from mistakes sometimes makes us stronger.   That truck will look better without that stuff on it.  Great tip!! 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 38 - 47 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42