Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Great time to buy a new truck

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Great time to buy a new truck
Original Message   Jun 8, 2005 5:40 am
I forget the guys name here I mailed the GM buying cert last year that saved him K's, BUT anywho, Just picked up a new Avalanche today taking advantage of Chevys "Employee" discount, available to everyone until July 5th.  Have ats Gents.  I spent the night pullin the exhaust off y 02, to put on my 05.  Ahhh that new car smell, and new Corsa exhaust is yummy!!!
Replies: 6 - 15 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Re: Great time to buy a new truck
Reply #6   Jun 9, 2005 4:13 am
Hope this works.  link to Corsa X 

http://www.corsaperf.com/flashdenali.htm, move your mouse over 1-4 to hear.

This message was modified Jun 9, 2005 by Bill_D
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Jun 9, 2005 9:11 am
Looks nice Bill. I had a Gibson cat-back system once, it came out in front of the rear tires, they called it super truck exhaust. Since then I've gone to duals with 2 chamber Flowmasters.
whitedog

cry once when you buy it, not every time you use it!

Reply #8   Jun 9, 2005 9:09 pm
if you have ever thought about a duramax diesel pickup,

this empoyee pricing is about $3000 less than  any rebate program GM has run in the last 12 months.

this would be the time to buy.

no haggle! i love no haggle!!

SHAMELESS COMMERCE

i work in the commercial department of a chevy store near NYC.

message me if i can  help you with a truck.

ope: ariens 8524, winco 8kw - b/s vanguard v twin, little giant 5 hp b/s, stihl br-650

the difference between smart and stupid is stupid knows no bounds

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   Jun 10, 2005 1:04 am
I like a throaty exhaust @ idle.  Then I was to be able to move without making too much noise.  I also like to make a little boom when I startup.  Along with that sound clip you might want to post up some pics?   
This message was modified Jun 10, 2005 by AJace

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #10   Jun 10, 2005 9:19 am
Whitedog, yes it is a great discoubnt they have going.  I did notice at my dealer that it would not aplly to "medium" duty trucks.  Not sure if the diesel you mentioned falls into that or not.    Also anyone else, if you go to Chevy's official site, you can plug in what truck ya want, w/ what options, it will do a search for you of where you can find it, and at exactly what price it will be after discount.  As Whitedog siad "no hassle/haggle" It is what it is.
Marshall

Reply #11   Jun 10, 2005 9:31 am
I saw where Honda Motor Company is considering raising their prices on US Honda's in order to "try to help out the domestic auto market".
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #12   Jun 10, 2005 11:09 am
Marshall wrote:
I saw where Honda Motor Company is considering raising their prices on US Honda's in order to "try to help out the domestic auto market".

Would Honda consider lowering its Canadian retail prices to help out the Cdn domestic buyer?

It seem they've already been a price leader here to help out the domestic car makers, but people keep buying Hondas anyway.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Marshall

Reply #13   Jun 10, 2005 11:16 am
I think it's a wolf in sheeps clothing. They're smart enought to realize that Honda owners are going to keep buying Honda's even with a price increase. It helps with their image which is already pretty good and will certainly help with profits.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #14   Jun 10, 2005 11:41 am
Marshall wrote:
I think it's a wolf in sheeps clothing. They're smart enought to realize that Honda owners are going to keep buying Honda's even with a price increase. It helps with their image which is already pretty good and will certainly help with profits.

Sadly some of us Honda owners weren't as smart as Honda. Had one, love it. Traded it in for a domestic vehicle which constantly needed repairs. Sold that one and bought a new domestic minivan that consumes parts like a chocoholic does smarties. Maybe I pay more up front for the Honda, but it seems I pay a whole lot less in maintaining it, which more than makes up for the higher price.

I'm not really complaining though, as the Honda service people didn't know me by name, but my Dodge dealer's service and I are on a first name basis. You really can't put a price on friendly social interaction can you? And I've almost got a dedication plaque over one of the services bays that I helped pay for. Just a few more visits oughta do it.  And I will have 20 holes punched on my frequent service users card that qualifies me for free coffee in the waiting area, and use of the easy-boy chair on a priority basis. So why would I buy a Honda again?

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #15   Jun 10, 2005 3:00 pm
Honda makes a good car, but I would never buy one unless they came out w/ a V-8 at least.  I have driven a friends accord w/ V6, yippee.  That new truck they came out w/ that looks like the Avalanche only has a 6, that just does nothing for me.  I know gas is expensive, but I will continue to enjoy the sound of my tires makin a small chirp when i punch it at 40mph.  Hell I can spin my 68 Olds around at 40 mph givin it only 3/4 pedal.   
Replies: 6 - 15 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42