Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Great time to buy a new truck

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Great time to buy a new truck
Original Message   Jun 8, 2005 5:40 am
I forget the guys name here I mailed the GM buying cert last year that saved him K's, BUT anywho, Just picked up a new Avalanche today taking advantage of Chevys "Employee" discount, available to everyone until July 5th.  Have ats Gents.  I spent the night pullin the exhaust off y 02, to put on my 05.  Ahhh that new car smell, and new Corsa exhaust is yummy!!!
Replies: 2 - 11 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Dantheman

Re: Great time to buy a new truck
Reply #2   Jun 8, 2005 8:23 am
It figures,  I bought my Colorado in April...If I had waited any longer though I would have lost my trade. Just my luck.

Dan

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #3   Jun 8, 2005 9:56 am
Cat back sysytem I take it?
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #4   Jun 8, 2005 5:17 pm
Bill, you seem to buy new vehicles all the time.  You bought a brand new one and still have your truck SS?  Lotsa plastic on those, but they are neat.

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #5   Jun 9, 2005 3:41 am
No plastic on this 05'. W/O Body Hardware.  Jet black everything but chrome bumps.   It's gorgeus!!!

Yeah, Cat back Marshall.  I'm gonna try to post a sound clip of the Corsa.  I've tried just about all over the years, ands depending on the exact vehicle, always loved Flow Masters, but these boys here at Corsa are makin a nice piece!!  Expensive though.  But ya gotta pay to play, I always say.

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #6   Jun 9, 2005 4:13 am
Hope this works.  link to Corsa X 

http://www.corsaperf.com/flashdenali.htm, move your mouse over 1-4 to hear.

This message was modified Jun 9, 2005 by Bill_D
Marshall

Reply #7   Jun 9, 2005 9:11 am
Looks nice Bill. I had a Gibson cat-back system once, it came out in front of the rear tires, they called it super truck exhaust. Since then I've gone to duals with 2 chamber Flowmasters.
whitedog

cry once when you buy it, not every time you use it!

Reply #8   Jun 9, 2005 9:09 pm
if you have ever thought about a duramax diesel pickup,

this empoyee pricing is about $3000 less than  any rebate program GM has run in the last 12 months.

this would be the time to buy.

no haggle! i love no haggle!!

SHAMELESS COMMERCE

i work in the commercial department of a chevy store near NYC.

message me if i can  help you with a truck.

ope: ariens 8524, winco 8kw - b/s vanguard v twin, little giant 5 hp b/s, stihl br-650

the difference between smart and stupid is stupid knows no bounds

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   Jun 10, 2005 1:04 am
I like a throaty exhaust @ idle.  Then I was to be able to move without making too much noise.  I also like to make a little boom when I startup.  Along with that sound clip you might want to post up some pics?   
This message was modified Jun 10, 2005 by AJace

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #10   Jun 10, 2005 9:19 am
Whitedog, yes it is a great discoubnt they have going.  I did notice at my dealer that it would not aplly to "medium" duty trucks.  Not sure if the diesel you mentioned falls into that or not.    Also anyone else, if you go to Chevy's official site, you can plug in what truck ya want, w/ what options, it will do a search for you of where you can find it, and at exactly what price it will be after discount.  As Whitedog siad "no hassle/haggle" It is what it is.
Marshall

Reply #11   Jun 10, 2005 9:31 am
I saw where Honda Motor Company is considering raising their prices on US Honda's in order to "try to help out the domestic auto market".
Replies: 2 - 11 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42