Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh vs Briggs and Stratton

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
xr6boy

Tecumseh vs Briggs and Stratton
Original Message   May 24, 2005 6:54 am
Hi all

I am looking at buying a petrol powered pressure washer. I have the choice of either a Tecumseh LV195 or Briggs and Stratton Quantum engine.

I own a lawn mower with the B&S Quantum and have no complaints as yet. Was after a unit with the Tecumseh engine (liked it because of the cast iron sleeve and pressure oil feed) but was talked out of it by the sales person.

From memory I think it was a spare parts/warranty issues in Australia.

Would like to get the opinions of others.... pros & cons of both engines

Thanks in advance

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Re: Tecumseh vs Briggs and Stratton
Reply #1   May 24, 2005 9:09 am
I would go Briggs...

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #2   May 24, 2005 10:33 am
XR6BOY===LIKE Brian stated--you could not go wrong with Brigg,s.  I have a number of Brigg,s and they do a fine job. l  will say this and I know this will  not meet the approval of a lot of folks.   I have a TVT=691--22 hp Tec.--got 300 hours and I don,t think it takes a back seat to Briggs, and most of the other engines. .  My son has a 4HP Tec. on a push mower (10 yrs. old) and  it is ready to go when he is.  .  Starts easy, runs like a top and he has used it trememdously.  Just my thoughts folks---not trying to push them, but their Tecumseh,s  carburation is much improved and of course all of them have the pointless ignition that was a blessing.   Whichever one you choose---I hope you have the best of luck with it---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #3   May 24, 2005 11:19 am
either engine should be fine for use on a pressure washer. they just dont get enough hours on them for the engine to wear any amount.

the pump on the other hand is usually the cause for concern.do your shopping for the best pump you can find.

as will said tecumseh dosent take a back seat to briggs in that engine . will has a Sterling engine and its better than just about anything out there at this time.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Termy

Reply #4   May 24, 2005 1:55 pm
Briggs And Stratton engines are far better engines.

pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #5   May 24, 2005 3:37 pm
Termy===I have some mighty good Brigg,s engines.  Would not hesitate to buy another.---Your friend-Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #6   May 24, 2005 6:32 pm
I had an old 3.5 or 3.8 Tecumdeh that ran without any service at all for 12 yrs. Finally it needed an air filter and new oil. It couldn't breath any longer, needed new lungs.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #7   May 24, 2005 6:52 pm
The 3.8 engine I have now is a horrible bear to start.   It might need some work done. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42