Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Which is better buy? Sears Honda 5.5HP vs Briggs 6.75HP Lawnmower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Scotiaman

Which is better buy? Sears Honda 5.5HP vs Briggs 6.75HP Lawnmower
Original Message   May 16, 2005 8:56 pm
Hi All , I am about to buy a new Lawnmower.  I live in Canada and narrowed it down to 2 Sears Craftsmen models.  They are the same push type mowers with only one difference....the engines!  I have my choice of a 5.5HP Honda Engine for a price of $349  ($80 off this week!) or a 6.75HP Briggs and Stratton engine for a price of $299 ( this is the Sears value price so it is always on special)

Not that there is much difference and I am sure both are good machines, but I am wondering what you guys think is the better machine/deal/value?  Which engine is better?  The Briggs has more HP...is that key? 

Also, very important to me is which machine/engine is more reliable and requires less maintenance and will last the longest?

Is it a coin toss or is one clearly the better choice?.....All opinions are welcomed and thxs!

Scotiaman

Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42