Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I needed a gas blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

I needed a gas blower
Original Message   Apr 30, 2005 8:06 pm
Well of course when I was in need of advice, the forum decided to go kaput! So I was on my own

I needed a gas blower for home owner use. I wanted to replace my Toro electric blower so that I did not have to deal with the cord. Backpack was not nessesary as I don't have a lot to blow. (For the big jobs I have a Craftsman 4.5HP yard vac that has a big blower function! I can push leaves to the otherside of my neighbors property!!!) I did some research and ended up with the Echo BP200 from Home Depo. This unit is Echo's bottom of the line $159.00 blower but it is nice and light. I mixed up a fresh batch of gas and tried it out in the rain LOL and I think it will do the trick. As long as it blows as much as my electric I will be happy. It is also very quiet too...more so than I was expecting.

I also wanted to look into the Stihl but there are not very many dealers here. Redmax looked nice but heavy and more $$$ (My dealer who I got my Bradley 32 WB carries Echo and Redmax but did not have anything in my price range in stock.)

How did I do????

Lightweight, easy-to-use.
Echo's top selling hand-held blower.

• Engine Displacement (cc.) - 21.2
  • Carburetor - Diaphragm w/Purge Pump
  • Pro-FireŽ Electronic Ignition - STD
  • Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) - 17
  • See-Thru Fuel Tank - STD
  • Helper Handle - N/A
  • Average Air Volume* (cfm-pipe) - 254
  • Average Air Volume** (cfm-housing) - 365
  • Max. Air Speed* (mph) - 136
  • Dry Weight*** (lbs.) - 8.8
  • Warranty - 2 yr. Consumer, 1 yr. Commercial. 90 day Rental

*Measured at end of pipe. **Measured at the housing. ***With standard pipes.

• Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
    cleanmaxx_brian

Re: I needed a gas blower
    Reply #2   Apr 30, 2005 9:06 pm
    The ES2100 seems to be a UK model??? It is just like our ES210. That machine is the same as my BP200 only it can vacume up leaves.  If you are happy, I should be too!

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #3   Apr 30, 2005 9:18 pm
    Hey Brian, My buddy has that blower and I think he mistreats it the best you can. He has like 6 yards he does, the thing stays in the back of this truck in the weather and he never does anything to it beside dogg the heck out of it . I used it a few weeks ago and it still works great.  So i'm sure it will be a great one for you. later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
    AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #4   Apr 30, 2005 9:58 pm
    Nice Brian.  I was looking @ HD before I decided to step up a notch.  I bought the ES230 and like the rubber hand grip it has.  It's great for what I use it for and I love it. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #5   Apr 30, 2005 10:48 pm
    For that price, I doubt there's a better one out there! Congrats!
    robmints

Reply #6   Apr 30, 2005 10:58 pm
    cleanmaxx_brian wrote:
    The ES2100 seems to be a UK model??? It is just like our ES210. That machine is the same as my BP200 only it can vacume up leaves.  If you are happy, I should be too!

I don't think it is a UK model. I guess they just changed the numbers. It sucks, blows, and bags. The shredder do dad is steel. Kioritz engine. Starts easy, stays started, light, good power. I like it. Let us know how your's does, if this rain ever stops.
    Termy

Reply #7   Apr 30, 2005 11:01 pm
    ...That blower really sucks man...

Majorxlr8n

Reply #8   Apr 30, 2005 11:23 pm
    I can't believe this - I purchased an Echo blower today at a yard sale that looks exactly like this one. I got it with the manual, vacuum bag & tubes. It ran fine but I thought there was a piece of plastic missing along side the fuel tank, so I bargained him down to $15. Now I see it was MADE that way!!!

Marty

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   May 1, 2005 12:54 am
    WOW!!  You know where to look is all I can say.   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #10   May 1, 2005 6:30 am
    Majorxlr8n wrote:
    I can't believe this - I purchased an Echo blower today at a yard sale that looks exactly like this one. I got it with the manual, vacuum bag & tubes. It ran fine but I thought there was a piece of plastic missing along side the fuel tank, so I bargained him down to $15. Now I see it was MADE that way!!!

Marty

The OPE bandit strikes again.  

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
    cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #11   May 1, 2005 9:00 am
    Marty, that was a SCORE!!! Congrats!

And yes when will this rain stop???I need to MOW!!!! I have some new toys to play with dont ya know!!!

Brian Chang

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42