Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1128 dle pro first use questions ??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TheKneebiter

Ariens 1128 dle pro first use questions ??
Original Message   Dec 27, 2004 1:34 pm
well we got enough snow for me to finally test out the new 1128 pro i purchased last winter. it goes through everything but i have a few small problems that i wonder if you guys have any tips for.

the first : when i pull the left and right clutch handles for the auger and drive and let go of the right one it should stay locked as long as i keep holding the left one in. it does stay locked but not enough, the auger slows way down and i need to grip it with my right hand and squeeze to make it work 100%. what needs adjusting to correct this ?

the second : when i blow snow with the chute to the right i get a ton of snow blowbye that puts a frost all over me. the snow passes up the chute so fast that it blows out the side of the chute. it is fine blowing to the left.

the third: the chute deflector that alows you to angle the snow to shoot high or low tends to move up by itself as the snow hits it.. so much for the quality control of the local ope shop i purchased it from. :-[ any tips would be great. thanks

This message was modified Dec 27, 2004 by TheKneebiter

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: Ariens 1128 dle pro first use questions ??
Reply #1   Dec 27, 2004 8:14 pm
For the first problem there is what I would call a tension adjuster to tighten the cable, I had to do that years ago to my Dad's 924 but cannot remember now what it entailed but it was not hard.

Last years model had a blow by issue that was corrected with a kit, your dealer knows all about it and it was corrected this year.

Tighten the bolt, it gets lose with use, it does on my Dad's, easy fix.

Knee it is all simple adjustment stuff except for 2 and that is fixable also.

C

This message was modified Dec 27, 2004 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
krislu

Reply #2   Dec 28, 2004 7:27 am
I posted a reply on the old forumn. - Kris

TheKneebiter

Reply #3   Dec 28, 2004 10:53 am
Thank's for all the help.

This morning i opened up my owners manual and found that all my questions were answered right there. I read for a while then adjusted everything as listed and tried the blower on a snowbank and everything works now as should, except for the blowby. I emailed ariens with my model and serial and the number of the baffle kit posted on the old forum and i am now waiting for a reply. The idler was way out of adjustment and the pullys on the engine shaft were out of alignment a touch. I also adjusted my skids with paint sticks. Maybe now i am ready ? we will see. Thanks again everybody :)

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #4   Dec 28, 2004 11:37 am
When in doubt... read the owner's manual !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

shoppit

Reply #5   Jan 23, 2005 4:16 pm
I'm curious if you a reply from Ariens.  They've yet to every reply to one of my emails, despite their claim of two day turnaround.
TheKneebiter

Reply #6   Jan 23, 2005 9:49 pm
they replied to me within 24 hours and sent out my part free of charge  and received it in 2 days.  very helpfull.  shoppit wrote:
I'm curious if you a reply from Ariens.  They've yet to every reply to one of my emails, despite their claim of two day turnaround.

robmints

Reply #7   Jan 23, 2005 10:01 pm
Shoppit,

I sent Ariens customer service a question reguarding the warranty question you brought to light. I had a little trouble getting the emails from Ariens, but they were responding. As a result of the mis-communication I have several contact email addresses for Ariens, they seemed very helpful. But I was just asking a question.

Do you want an email address to a person rather than the generic customer service email address?
jogo

Reply #8   Jan 23, 2005 10:07 pm
Kneebiter...Ariens 1128 pro snowblower
Ariens 724 antique snowblower
Toro 2450 snowblower
Toro powerlight 3hp snowblower

Ya like snowblowers huh?

Vanguard 5hp leaf vac ...Is this one to "blow" away the light dustings of snow?

Red Max EB78001 blower
Echo PB1000 blower
Sears ? blower
Sears 16" chainsaw
John Deere STX38
Murray 21" push mower
Echo SRM1501 weed wacker
Excell/Honda pressure washer
Ariens 11528
TheKneebiter

Reply #9   Jan 23, 2005 10:11 pm
I dont know why but, yes i love snowblowersjogo wrote:
Kneebiter...Ariens 1128 pro snowblower
Ariens 724 antique snowblower
Toro 2450 snowblower
Toro powerlight 3hp snowblower

Ya like snowblowers huh?

Vanguard 5hp leaf vac ...Is this one to "blow" away the light dustings of snow?

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42