Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Buying a new edger

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Buying a new edger
Original Message   Apr 19, 2005 5:51 pm
Hey guys,  Well my edger  quit this weekend, it was a Ryobi. I got 2 in mind the Echo PE200 the price 219.00. Or the Husqvarna 325EX for 339.00. I have the husq trimmer and blower and I'm real happy with them, but I can't make myself pay the price for the edger. So i think I'm going to go with the Echo. The only thing I worry about is the Echos shroud around the blade is plastic. I just hope it holds up. Does anyone have this model of the Echo?? If so how is it holding up? I will be using it on about 11 yards a week some with just drive ways  I have 3 with a large areas to edge. Thanks Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Buying a new edger
Reply #1   Apr 19, 2005 6:05 pm
If it's cheap you could always maybe keep buying a new one when it breaks? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Apr 19, 2005 6:26 pm
Mike, can you get the Echo PE 230 instead? Note the die cast shield, the higher torque gear case, etc.

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #3   Apr 19, 2005 7:38 pm
Hey Marshall whats the price on that one you know?

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Marshall

Reply #4   Apr 19, 2005 8:02 pm
This joint has them for $289.00 and they have the PE-260 for $309.00. Both less than the Husqvarna.  http://austinoutdoorpower.com/echo.htm

I see one on Ebay too.
 http://search.ebay.com/Echo-PE-230_W0QQfkrZ1QQfnuZ1
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #5   Apr 19, 2005 9:01 pm
Ok, thanks I'm gonna check them out. I think I'm probably just gonna buy the PE200 though. Because the wife is on me about getting her a house! I been thinking maybe i' ll just go the cheap way out this time and mostly likely when I have to start replacing stuff she will have her house, and I think I'm gonna replace all of it with Sthil. I used my buddies new trimmer I can't remeber the model man that thing is sweet. His Sthli is a little heavier than my husqvarna but man does it have some butt to it. I'll let you guys know tomm. what I choose though. Guess I shoulda thought things trough before posting I just wanted to know if anyone had that model. thanks Mike

Marshall

Reply #6   Apr 19, 2005 9:10 pm
Wish I could give you a tesament to it but I can't, I have split boom. If I were going commercial, the stick edgers from Echo, Stihl, Shindaiwa and possibly Tanaka and RedMax are what I would use.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #7   Apr 20, 2005 6:53 pm
Hey Marshall, Well I bought the Echo PE200, I used it on one yard today and my own. I have to say I'm pleased with the power it has, i was afraid that I was gonna lack the power  but it never did.  The plastic housing seems to be durable, I'm gonna give it the real test on saturday. I would post a picture of I but I sure  everyone has see it . Take care  Mike 

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42