Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Blew my battery?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
billski

Blew my battery?
Original Message   Apr 16, 2005 8:26 pm
I have a 3YO Snapper RER mower.  For the second year in a row, I left the battery connected and the ignition switch to "on" for the winter.  I need not tell you what happened.  Again.  Is there any hope of recharging the battery?  I manually started the engine and ran it for a half hour.  Just a "click" when I turn over the starter.  Last year when this happened, I took the battery dealer's advice and just got a new battery.  Is the battery toast?  I don't want to waste money on a battery charger if the charge won't hold.

By the end of leaf cleanup in the fall (end of November), it's quite cold and the last thing I want to do is futz around outside.  So, I run the engine till all the gas is gone and push it into the garage.  Fergets to switch it to off or remove the battery (don't go there.....)
You think I would know better.  I have an EE degree to boot.  Double-duh.  Such is life...

Thanks!
This message was modified Apr 16, 2005 by billski
Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 17 of 17View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42