Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Lend out my Power Pruner (may be boring)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Lend out my Power Pruner (may be boring)
Original Message   Apr 14, 2005 8:54 pm
Well  yesterday my best friend called me and said can i please borrow your pruner. I thought about it and we are good friends I know he will take care of it. So he came and got it today to do some minor pruning at his grandpas business. Well he just brought it back and I said how did ya like it? He said Mike that thing is the sh*t!!   He could not believe the power of it and he has used the Husqavarna and the Echo pruners and said this one is easliy on top. Hopefully he wasn't pulling my leg so he could use it again. Make things better he stopped by the store and a guy there seen the pruner and said  want a small job? He told the guy it wasn't his and took his name and number so now I got a small pruning job to do tomm.  So i guess lending out your toys can pay off!   take care guys, Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Lend out my Power Pruner (may be boring)
Reply #1   Apr 15, 2005 12:35 am
Way to go Mike.  Life can bring you good things if you play your cards correctly.  However, I would have gone over to the job of your buddies and done the work myself. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #2   Apr 15, 2005 5:34 am
You are lucky.  Being in the small engine business, I would have to say that lending your OPE to anyone is hazardous.  I've seen a lot of blown gear and pieces broken.  The people that owned the equipment believes that the person getting the equipment was trustworthy until they went to use it themselves and OOPs - no go.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #3   Apr 15, 2005 6:13 am
I NEVER lend out my ECHO pruner.  To much can go wrong w/ it.  Especially when I have the 5' extension on as well.  i dont think Stihl goes that high, fyi.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #4   Apr 15, 2005 6:19 pm
Well i was kinda stressing about lending it to him.But he did'nt tear nothing up on it and filled it up with fuel and bar oil before returning.  I don't plan on lending it out no more though. Bill D your right the echo reaches a little farther than mine but, i dunno if it has the power that mine has.    later mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #5   Apr 15, 2005 9:05 pm
Both good quality.  Echo I have has a 25.4cc motor.  Stihl has a 31.4.       Echo I have w/ 5' extension reaches 17'8".  Stihl reaches 11'6".  The extra reach was why I opted for Echo.  IMHO Echo and Stihl pump out a near identical quality product.  Ya cant go wrong w/ either. 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #6   Apr 15, 2005 9:34 pm
Bill_D wrote:
Both good quality.  Echo I have has a 25.4cc motor.  Stihl has a 31.4.       Echo I have w/ 5' extension reaches 17'8".  Stihl reaches 11'6".  The extra reach was why I opted for Echo.  IMHO Echo and Stihl pump out a near identical quality product.  Ya cant go wrong w/ either. 

Ditto! 
krislu

Reply #7   Apr 16, 2005 7:07 am
Mike- Your lucky. I would never lend out my power pruner. I had my best friend ask and I went with it. - Kris

Termy

Reply #8   Apr 18, 2005 12:46 am
I don't lend out my equipment to anybody! I don't care who they may be. I own a 400 dollar Stihl trimmer with the ability to use different attachments and a powerful engine. There is no way that I am going to let that nice machine out of my sight! LOL Soon, I am going to own a Toro Super Recycler too, I sure as hell aint going to lend that out to anybody either!

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #9   Apr 18, 2005 4:01 am
Terminator20 wrote:
 Soon, I am going to own a Toro Super Recycler too, I sure as hell aint going to lend that out to anybody either!

Aim high brothah!!
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #10   Apr 18, 2005 7:28 am
Well,
You guys are right....I have loaned out my stuff many times, and have gotten bit a few times as a result.
I guess the best thing to do is to go with your stuff and help.

I guess I do because people mean more to me then things.... I have a lot of OPE "toys", it's taken me years to get to this point though.

I think I loan things out because I like to have things, but I do not want those things to have me..........I'm trying to hold onto these things loosely, and if they can bless others, that's great.

You guys are right though.....go with your OPE, then you know it should be ok.

Sometimes it depends on who they are.....some I wouldn't trust with a kleenex, others I'd trust with anything......

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42