Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Found my buddy a mower!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Found my buddy a mower!
Original Message   Apr 13, 2005 9:10 pm
Hey guys, I don't know if you remeber, but a few weeks ago my buddies wife came to me about a used mower for my buddies  b- day. Well me and her went and bought him one today. I found a 92' snapper 33in cut with a 2 yr old 12 1/2 briggs on it good condion, the only thing he needs to buy is the right rear tire for it. The one on there has only a little tread left on it. Other than that I thought it is a good deal for 500.00. The man wanted 600 but I got him down to 500. I took it to their house for her and she gave it to him, I told him all he needs to do now is buy a Nija blade for it and he is ready!! The mower model is SR13333 and the motor model is 286707  type 4529-E1. Is this a good model of Briggs? Also I can't find on there no where the amount of oil it holds and my buddy was asking me?    We did buy it from a dealer I'm not to crazy about the salesman /  owner  kind of  cocky.  Later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Found my buddy a mower!
Reply #1   Apr 13, 2005 11:04 pm
Great Deal, Mike.   I would guess that it is equipped with electric start? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Apr 13, 2005 11:39 pm
Mike, good deal buddy, I bet he'll like it. You'll be surprised what that thing will cut! The oil? I dunno, just start with a quart and check and add, check and add, etc.
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #3   Apr 14, 2005 5:40 am
Good for you, that sounds like an awesome deal.

If I'm awake enough this morning the engine should take 48 fl oz.  Briggs sells their oil in those size bottles for some reason.  I guess it's to fill a tractor engine.  They also sell in the 20 fl oz, for push mowers and that sort of thing.

Sherri

I think I'm going back to bed now.  Instead of going to work.

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Reply #4   Apr 14, 2005 8:20 am
Do you guys ever run Mobil 1 in you equipment?

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Marshall

Reply #5   Apr 14, 2005 8:44 am
cleanmaxx_brian wrote:
Do you guys ever run Mobil 1 in you equipment?

All of it.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #6   Apr 14, 2005 8:37 pm
Hey, It is electric start, also he was talking to me today about  the bagger for it. I priced on new today the whole setup for 260.00 does that sound about right??? Anyone know the best place to buy a bagging system? He just wants to explore his options.  Thanks Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Marshall

Reply #7   Apr 14, 2005 8:42 pm
Which bagger Mike? I have the drawer style. Price sounds about right for it. The double bagger should be more.

Accessories

You might have him try mulching first with the Ninja blade and mulch cover, it's a lot cheaper than the bagger. Once I started using it I stopped using the bagger, probably would never have spent the money on it.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #8   Apr 14, 2005 8:56 pm
Hey Marshall, That was for the drawer style your right. I told him thats same thing try the Nija then go from there if he doesn't like it.

Marshall

Reply #9   Apr 14, 2005 10:38 pm
1st and 2cd gear is what he'll want to use for the best cut mulching. 3rd will work when cutting off a short amount but the faster you go the less vacuum you get.
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42