Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > OPE for Christmas?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

OPE for Christmas?
Original Message   Dec 25, 2004 10:55 pm
Did anyone get any OPE for Christmas? How about IPE?
Replies: 3 - 12 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Re: OPE for Christmas?
Reply #3   Dec 26, 2004 2:01 pm
Well,
My wife and boys seem to think my new Ariens 1332DLE should be considered a Christmas present to myself......
Since I've been shopping and researching and wheeling and dealing for it sinse last January, and I got it in October,
I really didn't consider it one, but oh well.
When yours is the only paycheck coming in, everything ends up coming from you anyway....

In 2004 I bought a new exmark HP 52" mower AND my new Ariens, so it was a good OPE year.
As to IPE, we got a couple of new ipods and a couple of new cellphones and a new 6.1 meg digital camera my son needed for graphic design.

It looks like we all got a new forum for Christmas.

Happy Boxing day to our friends up north!
According to the calandar, its also Kwanzaa..........!
Here, it is cold, but no snow.
just think, in a few months, we'll be mowing again!

Frank D.
This message was modified Dec 26, 2004 by faithfulFrank

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Marshall

Reply #4   Dec 26, 2004 2:35 pm
Boxing day..........OK, all you well to do folks send me practical things I need, in boxes.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #5   Dec 26, 2004 2:54 pm
Hi...

No new OPE or IPE this holiday season... which is unusual... but it's also unusual being umemployed too... 1st time in my long career...

Gotta' keep expenses low... for now...

Better times are ahead !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Termy

Reply #6   Dec 26, 2004 3:17 pm
I know that I should know this already but I don't. What is IPE ???

jubol

Reply #7   Dec 26, 2004 3:27 pm
All,

Last spring, one of my friends, who lives about 1 block from me( A doctor) had a 2003 Craftsman 5 Hp single stage blower he wanted to sell, He wanted to buy a 2 stage.Paid $200.00 for it with 1

hours use on it.I gave it to my youngest son, for Christmas.He just moved back from California to Wilmington, De and bought an Upscale townhouse..He was enthralled with it!!! It is more than what he

needs, but sure beats shoveling

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #8   Dec 26, 2004 4:06 pm
Marshall- "Boxing Day"- A paid holiday for our Canadian friends, usually on Dec 26th, which is also St Stephen's day, the first Christian martyr. Tradition states it was the day after christmas when the wealthy gave the day off to their servants and also gave them "boxes" with gifts and bonuses for there good service all year. It has evolved to a day that one gives thank you gifts to people from whom they have received good service all year, (i.e.- Mailman, paperboy, etc.)

Termy- IPE is INDOOR power equipment.

Dave- Sorry to hear of your current job situation. I have been there and know the hardships and frustrations it brings. I pray that the new year brings a good, satisfying and rewarding new career to you and your family. It is good to see your spirits are positive. Whatever doesn't destroy us makes us stronger. I hope I do not sound trite....I do care and pray the best for your family.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #9   Dec 26, 2004 4:18 pm
No new OPE here. From Jan to Aug last year, I bought 4 new ones. Thought I was going through male menopause, but since I didn't acquire a convertible sports car and a foxy young blonde to go with it, I guess I'm just updating my OPE, or I'm not rich enough to maintain the last two.

No new IPE this year.

Marshall,

You said :Boxing day..........OK, all you well to do folks send me practical things I need, in boxes. Glad you said "well to do folks" since that lets me off the hook.

Dave_in_Ct:

Hope you find a job soon.

This message was modified Dec 26, 2004 by Highwind

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #10   Dec 26, 2004 4:28 pm
Frank said: "Happy Boxing day to our friends up north!"

Thanks Frank. It is very good Boxing Day as I am staying away from the shopping centres, and letting everyone else fight over the after Xmas specials.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Emmo

Reply #11   Dec 26, 2004 6:26 pm
New IPE here, My wife bought a Craftsman Circ. saw to replace the one that I burnt up. It does have the laser sight. Haven't had a change to use it yet but it should fill the bill nicely.
Marshall

Reply #12   Dec 26, 2004 6:39 pm
Congrats Emmo!

She got you the fancy one to make sure the new kitchen remodel turns out perfect!
Replies: 3 - 12 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42