Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > OPE for Christmas?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

OPE for Christmas?
Original Message   Dec 25, 2004 10:55 pm
Did anyone get any OPE for Christmas? How about IPE?
Replies: 1 - 55 of 55View as Outline
hickster

Re: OPE for Christmas?
Reply #1   Dec 26, 2004 4:47 am
We (my wife) got a new Nikon D-70.

And I have three corney kegs of local brew!

Kids are happy, life is good.

hickster

Weather outlook for the "Anchorage bowl"

Blower      HS928TA 
Mower      HRR216PDA 
Washer    Excell XR2700 (6.5 Honda-GX/AR-2700psi/3gpm) 
Trimmer   John Deere (Homelite clone)
Saw         Husky 141 

TomP

Once you go Mac you never go back!

Reply #2   Dec 26, 2004 7:29 am
Hickster:

The D-70 is definitely on my wish list.

I am still using my Nikon E995 which several years ago cost pretty much the same as your D-70.

In my opinion you definitely have one of the best pro-sumer models out there.

Toro 3650 added to the garage this year.
This message was modified Dec 26, 2004 by TomP

Snow Team:

Simplicity 1060 DLXE - Toro Snow Commander / 3650 - Honda HS520
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Dec 26, 2004 2:01 pm
Well,
My wife and boys seem to think my new Ariens 1332DLE should be considered a Christmas present to myself......
Since I've been shopping and researching and wheeling and dealing for it sinse last January, and I got it in October,
I really didn't consider it one, but oh well.
When yours is the only paycheck coming in, everything ends up coming from you anyway....

In 2004 I bought a new exmark HP 52" mower AND my new Ariens, so it was a good OPE year.
As to IPE, we got a couple of new ipods and a couple of new cellphones and a new 6.1 meg digital camera my son needed for graphic design.

It looks like we all got a new forum for Christmas.

Happy Boxing day to our friends up north!
According to the calandar, its also Kwanzaa..........!
Here, it is cold, but no snow.
just think, in a few months, we'll be mowing again!

Frank D.
This message was modified Dec 26, 2004 by faithfulFrank

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Marshall

Reply #4   Dec 26, 2004 2:35 pm
Boxing day..........OK, all you well to do folks send me practical things I need, in boxes.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #5   Dec 26, 2004 2:54 pm
Hi...

No new OPE or IPE this holiday season... which is unusual... but it's also unusual being umemployed too... 1st time in my long career...

Gotta' keep expenses low... for now...

Better times are ahead !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Termy

Reply #6   Dec 26, 2004 3:17 pm
I know that I should know this already but I don't. What is IPE ???

jubol

Reply #7   Dec 26, 2004 3:27 pm
All,

Last spring, one of my friends, who lives about 1 block from me( A doctor) had a 2003 Craftsman 5 Hp single stage blower he wanted to sell, He wanted to buy a 2 stage.Paid $200.00 for it with 1

hours use on it.I gave it to my youngest son, for Christmas.He just moved back from California to Wilmington, De and bought an Upscale townhouse..He was enthralled with it!!! It is more than what he

needs, but sure beats shoveling

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
faithfulFrank

Reply #8   Dec 26, 2004 4:06 pm
Marshall- "Boxing Day"- A paid holiday for our Canadian friends, usually on Dec 26th, which is also St Stephen's day, the first Christian martyr. Tradition states it was the day after christmas when the wealthy gave the day off to their servants and also gave them "boxes" with gifts and bonuses for there good service all year. It has evolved to a day that one gives thank you gifts to people from whom they have received good service all year, (i.e.- Mailman, paperboy, etc.)

Termy- IPE is INDOOR power equipment.

Dave- Sorry to hear of your current job situation. I have been there and know the hardships and frustrations it brings. I pray that the new year brings a good, satisfying and rewarding new career to you and your family. It is good to see your spirits are positive. Whatever doesn't destroy us makes us stronger. I hope I do not sound trite....I do care and pray the best for your family.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #9   Dec 26, 2004 4:18 pm
No new OPE here. From Jan to Aug last year, I bought 4 new ones. Thought I was going through male menopause, but since I didn't acquire a convertible sports car and a foxy young blonde to go with it, I guess I'm just updating my OPE, or I'm not rich enough to maintain the last two.

No new IPE this year.

Marshall,

You said :Boxing day..........OK, all you well to do folks send me practical things I need, in boxes. Glad you said "well to do folks" since that lets me off the hook.

Dave_in_Ct:

Hope you find a job soon.

This message was modified Dec 26, 2004 by Highwind

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #10   Dec 26, 2004 4:28 pm
Frank said: "Happy Boxing day to our friends up north!"

Thanks Frank. It is very good Boxing Day as I am staying away from the shopping centres, and letting everyone else fight over the after Xmas specials.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Emmo

Reply #11   Dec 26, 2004 6:26 pm
New IPE here, My wife bought a Craftsman Circ. saw to replace the one that I burnt up. It does have the laser sight. Haven't had a change to use it yet but it should fill the bill nicely.
Marshall

Reply #12   Dec 26, 2004 6:39 pm
Congrats Emmo!

She got you the fancy one to make sure the new kitchen remodel turns out perfect!
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #13   Dec 26, 2004 10:38 pm
I am sorry Dave. My prayers are with you on you finding a new job.

No new OPE, new IPE, hmm, does a new CB radio to my collection count? If so then yes!...

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Termy

Reply #14   Dec 26, 2004 11:43 pm
Congradulations on your new Craftsman circular saw! Try not to burn this one up lol.
This message was modified Dec 26, 2004 by Termy

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #15   Dec 27, 2004 9:41 am
Thank for the good wishes Frank... Highwind... Chris...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Emmo

Reply #16   Dec 27, 2004 10:42 am
Marshall wrote:

Congrats Emmo!

She got you the fancy one to make sure the new kitchen remodel turns out perfect!

Marshall, do you know my wife!? Pretty safe assumption, that she wants something done when she stoops to shopping for tools! Besides, you left out the bath remodel as well as the basement shelving she wants!

This message was modified Dec 27, 2004 by Emmo
Emmo

Reply #17   Dec 27, 2004 10:45 am
I'm sure something good will pop up for you Dave, hang in there.

Hey, if you end up being a big cheese somewhere and need a good man in Columbus, keep me in mind!

My Mr. Mom role will be coming to an end soon, as our youngest starts school full time in the fall!

Damn, now I gotta figure what I want to be when I grow up!

This message was modified Dec 27, 2004 by Emmo
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #18   Dec 28, 2004 1:10 am
I thought that IPE was Internet Power Equipment. Maybe we could refer to the computer equipment as CPE. Anyway, I'm building a new CPE with a Chaintech ANF3-250, with a AMD XP 64 3400+. A media center PC with gaming capabilities. That project will take a chunk out of the toy account.

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #19   Dec 28, 2004 7:28 am
Dave

I hope you find something soon. Any company would be lucky to have you and you can tell them I said so....

Emmo

Don't take that growing up business too seriously! When we lose the kid in us is when we start to get old.

Paula

Marshall

Reply #20   Dec 28, 2004 10:36 am
Here here!
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #21   Dec 28, 2004 10:50 am
Thanks Emmo & Paula...

It's all in the timing... hoping new positions become available at the beginning of 2005...

My career is in the Information Technology field... the past 8 years working as a Lead SAP/ABAP Technical Analyst/Developer... I.E. ABAP programmer... (SAP = enterprise software package that many/most large corporations use)... I prefer to stay with SAP... although I have a solid background with other software...

There are several companies who use SAP within commuting distance from where I live in CT... My target is a local full-time job... if I don't get this within a couple months or so... my next option is to work on a contract basis for any consulting firm... in-state or out-of-state... there are more opportunities out-of-state for SAP/ABAP work...

But... there's a lotta' low-cost competition working as a contractor in SAP/ABAP... both on-shore... and off-shore... primarily resources/people from India...

Example... there were 10 people in my group... 7 are gone... 3 are left... at least one who remains (maybe two) is a non-US-citizen here on a work visa... go figure... I'm a citizen who worked for the company for 23+ years... and the non-citizen who's been there a year or so stays...
It's a sad story but it's true...

The past 3+ years I've experienced a divorce after a long marriage along with near-financial devastation...
My 26 year old son passing on this August...
...and loss of my job a month ago...

Positive do come though...
I''ve met a wonderful woman a couple years ago...
We now live in the comfortable home I grew up in...
Her daughter just had a beautiful baby...
So next.. is a new job...

I look at this as a great opportunity for me to advance my career and skills... ...and hopefully pay...

Life can be a roller coaster... hang on ! ...it's a fun and scary ride !

Dave...
This message was modified Dec 28, 2004 by Dave___in___CT

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Paula

Reply #22   Dec 28, 2004 11:06 am
Dave

What a fantastic attitude! And not only do you make your own life better because of your attitude, but you touch other peoples' lives in a positive way as well . Thank you for posting what you did. I have been through a few of the things you listed and you are absolutely right.... life is a rollercoaster...and how the ride feels depends exactly on your perception.

Have you thought about starting your own consulting firm? One thing I have heard about the foreign companies (I do transcription and a lot of the hospitals tried for a while to job it out to India because of the cheap labor) is that the quality isn't there.... their education system isn't complete and they can be very arrogant and don't care much about quality. So, if you were to start up your own consulting firm, stressing quality and personalized service, you might find companies welcoming you with open arms....the India/foreign tech guys might come cheaper but how cheap is it in the long run if they don't do it right or do it with a rotten attitude? Just an idea.

Paula

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #23   Dec 28, 2004 11:35 am
Hi Paula...

Thanks for the good suggestion and compliment...!
I try to see and focus on the positives in any situation/event... even when it's the most apparently negative... such as a loved one passing on...

Yeah... It's possible for me to start a one-person consulting business... but it's a lotta' red tape/overhead/cost/time from what I hear... most consulting companies will hire you as a W2 employee on a contract-by-contract basis... at a lower rate than if I had my own company of course... ...but they spend the time lining up the opportunities... this takes a lotta' time/effort... ...and client companies usually do not (almost never) contract with small business's in the SAP world... they want a large enough company that can provide all the resources needed for projects...

You hit the nail on the head regarding the lack-of-quality using off-shore/on-shore "low-cost" resources...
They typically do not have to "live with" what they produce... and/or do not know how to produce quality...so turning out cr@p is typical... (not talking about manufactured items here... although it may apply)...

I always emphasize quality in the work I do... whether I live with my end product or not...

Some corporations have figured this out... and even experience higher costs by going with the "low-cost providers"... and are now comming back to hiring qualified employees...
...but many companies are just starting the off-shore approach... and have yet to experience/learn,,, more and more jobs from different disciplines are going this route...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Majorxlr8n

Reply #24   Dec 28, 2004 11:38 am
Dave - I also commend you on a fantastic attitude - it says a LOT about your character! There are firms that hire out (contracting) for this kind of programming & they usually pay very well - you may want to check in your area. I have been kinda mopey (and not posting much) due to my having to work permanent midnight shift starting New Years Day - I feel rather guilty & embarassed now!

ChrisS - What kind of CB didja get? I used to be into that YEARS ago. I still have a Lafayette SSB-75 (with mods ) that is collecting dust!

I got a Ryobi laser level for my IPE gift.

Marty

Marshall

Reply #25   Dec 28, 2004 12:10 pm
Dave, hang in there my friend, it sounds as if you are doing a great job of doing so too. In addition to software, I work at a world wide tool and fastener company that just switched to SAP from Oracle, what a pain! Even though I am in the sales end of the company, if you ever find yourself considering my neck of the woods, I'd be happy to assist you.

The internet is very large but, it's amazing what a small world this can be sometimes. I consider you a friend and even family in an OPE kind of way. Just wanted to extend myself to you for anything I could possibly provide a hand with. God bless you.

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #26   Dec 28, 2004 12:32 pm
Thanks Marty & Marshall...

Thanks to everyone for your friendship & support... !

Hey Marshall... maybe your company can use some "expert" SAP/ABAP help... been working with it for the past eight years... I can drive my camper out there for lodging if there's a campground nearby... heee...heee...
...and come home every 1-3 weeks if they pay enough or pay living/travel expenses... many contract/consulting companies pay living/lodging & weekly travel expenses on top of a decent hourly rate...

Do they have a consulting firm there now supporting the project ? What release of SAP... 4.6C... 4.7 ?

"Head West young man ! "

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Marshall

Reply #27   Dec 28, 2004 12:43 pm
Dave it's all in house so imagine they would want to keep it that way now. We have a pretty strong team in IT but I am sure they would like to have a SAP pro on staff too, though our people are becoming more that way as the weeks go by. I have no doubt that it would require a move.

I'll e-mail you where to send a resume if you would be so inclined? You can let me know in e-mail or PM if you would like to or or not.

Paula

Reply #28   Dec 28, 2004 12:46 pm
Uh oh ....the possibility of Dave and Marshall in the same state...

Sniff, sniff....Is that trouble I smell??

Paula
ChrisS

Reply #29   Dec 28, 2004 12:51 pm
When a door is closed a window is opened. You have my best wishes and prayers Dave, I am so sorry for your loss, we are not supposed to outlive our children....

Your positive attitude gives encoragement for all of us when we go through hard times.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #30   Dec 28, 2004 1:08 pm
Don't worry Paula... not looking to relocate... YET ! heeee....heee... (gotta' leave some doubt in your mind)...

Thank you Chris... "positive"... as my signature here says...

Being at these forums with my e-friends helps... I spend more time here than I did when I was working... a "dangerous" thing...

...but I do put effort into my job search in between...

I had a "promising" interview 2 weeks ago... but the funding didn't get approved for the position...

Another recruiter is trying' to convince me to look seriously into a 1-year contract in Virginia... with the U.S. government...
it requires a security clearance so the foriegners are outta' luck on this one... haaa.haaa... I'm postponing this for now... that's a long time to travel to & from CT every week or so... and would nix my near-weekly trips to my land in VT during the warm months... and I'd miss being with my girlfriend !

...and I have a phone interview with IBM today for a 6-month contract located only 12 miles away... but that's for technical skills I haven't used in 5+ years... ...and perhaps some I do not have... ...I'll see when I/they find out more..

There's one other good possibility with Kodak that should surface mid-January... this one looks like an excellent fit from both sides... ...except for a nasty commute... I'm kinda' holdin' out for this possibility...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #31   Dec 28, 2004 2:23 pm
Hi...

"...and I have a phone interview with IBM today for a 6-month contract located only 12 miles away... but that's for technical skills I haven't used in 5+ years... ...and perhaps some I do not have... ...I'll see when I/they find out more.."

Just spent 25 minutes on the phone interview with a technical person at IBM...
This interview was not about what I was told as I indicated above...
It's about an SAP/ABAP position that I'm most qualified for... and full-time with IBM...
...only 12 miles away ! No commute from hell... which I really... really... do not like...

The lady who I interviewed with (who is in charge of this development area) is recommending to her boss that they hire me... no follow-up or face-to-face interview... go figure !

Sometimes things happen when you least expect it !
But... not all by chance... I've been asking my deceased son for weeks to help find me a job I'll be happy with...
Guess this is one of those times he's actually listened to Dad... heee.... heee...
Now... if he can arrange an offer with a nice salary increase...

I know your positive thoughts have an effect too !

Thank you !

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #32   Dec 28, 2004 2:38 pm
Very glad to hear that everything woked out just great for you.

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

ChrisS

Reply #33   Dec 28, 2004 2:56 pm
Excellent News!

Man that sounds great!

Keep us posted!

C

ChrisS

Reply #34   Dec 28, 2004 3:01 pm
Marty it's a Uniden 78 Elite, Uniden IMO still makes the best CB radio out there. It does not have SSB, they discontinued the Grant last year but I do have a XL and a LT so that is good.

They offered a $40 mail in rebate so I was able to pick up the radio with Peak and Tune from my Tech in VA and an adjustment to run a linear and payed for shipping. It is a very sweet radio I have to say.

Here's a pic.

Yes it is backlit for easy seeing at night, very sweet, now I just have to fit in time to use it with all the others lol....

C

Majorxlr8n

Reply #35   Dec 28, 2004 3:06 pm
Dave - THATS GREAT NEWS!!! I'm SOOO glad this worked out for you! Good things DO come to those who wait! Thats Awesome!! Keep us abreast of your progress with this & BEST OF LUCK!!!

Marty

This message was modified Dec 28, 2004 by Majorxlr8n

Majorxlr8n

Reply #36   Dec 28, 2004 3:12 pm
Chris - that IS a sweet radio! VERY nice!! You don't find too many folks into CB these days. I see you are interested in "mods" too. I bet she will be a great talker with that extra "helper"...

My 23ch Lafayette goes up to "50", 6w am output, 18w pep SSB. It always talked very well with the stock mic, but really came alive "upstairs"...

Marty

Marshall

Reply #37   Dec 28, 2004 3:40 pm
CB's, gosh those days were great. I used to cruise around with my D-104 power mic with me in the truck, LOL.
Paula

Reply #38   Dec 28, 2004 3:58 pm
Dave

Doing a happy dance for you! That is soooo fantastic! Prayers and thoughts are with you!

And....I have to admit....I'm relieved to hear that you and Marshall won't be living in the same state... two lovers of OPE , mods on an OPE forum....no telling what kind of trouble you'd get into .... turn the streets into garden tractor race tracks, convince all the guys in town that the only colors they need to wear are Honda red or John Deere green, etc.... The poor state would never be the same....

Paula

ChrisS

Reply #39   Dec 28, 2004 4:05 pm
So true but we are still out there!

Radios have gotten quite nice over the years, I can link you to my favorite CB forum if you would like to read up on them.

Wow a 23 channel job, you are an Old Timer lol.... I would love to see a pic if you ever get one!

I am on the road for school as you know and use the radio extensively. I also like to shoot a little skip when I have time.

Here are my two latest radios that I picked up in the fall one for my B-day and one was a replacement for a radio I was having trouble with so my tech changed it out for the orange one. My tech did the blue and orang backlighting for me as a favor, very sweet.

The blue one is a collectors item now and no longer made, the orange model is a walk the dog and kick the cat screamer lol....

Lets just say with what I have sitting under the blue cloth on the floor in the pics and the significant antenna on my roof, you can hear me coming from a long way off if I want you too lol....

C

ChrisS

Reply #40   Dec 28, 2004 4:10 pm
Hey Marshall they still make that mic, I have one myself!

Run stock mics mostly as the two radios I posted, the stock mics are power mics....

faithfulFrank

Reply #41   Dec 28, 2004 5:08 pm
Dave,
That's great. Chris already stated so well my exact thoughts, so........."Just everything Chris S said"........

Prayers will be continued.........anyway, I can't type very well right now........my head is still full of images of Paula doing a "happy dance"......

Please keep us posted.

Frank D.

Marshall

Reply #42   Dec 28, 2004 5:30 pm
Chris, heck my Cougar doesn't even have a place to mount one anymore that's feasable.

Trucks though.....

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #43   Dec 28, 2004 5:39 pm
Thanks again everyone for your support... !

I'm hoping for the best... ! Whatever that's is...
Should know re. IBM in abouta' week...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Marshall

Reply #44   Dec 28, 2004 6:34 pm
Good things happen to good people Dave, I'm sure you'll be telling us good news in due time.
ChrisS

Reply #45   Dec 28, 2004 6:59 pm
Where there is a will there is a way lol...

I have one in a Honda Accord.....

C

robmints

Reply #46   Dec 28, 2004 7:24 pm
Congratulations Grandpa.

I mean Dave. Sounds like the IBM job would be just what you are looking for. A Govenment job ain't half bad either. Whomever gets you is going to get more than they bargained for. A quality person with a good attitude, no wonder the IBM lady jumped on you (figuritively speaking of course).
Paula

Reply #47   Dec 28, 2004 10:12 pm
Frank!

I call it a happy dance because it usually sends people rolling on the floor laughing...and what makes people happier than laughing, I ask you?

Paula
faithfulFrank

Reply #48   Dec 28, 2004 10:43 pm
Dear Paula,
A few things quickly came to mind, but laughing is still right up there..........and is the easiest, safest, with usually no ramifacations........

Like the Good book says." A merry heart doith good like a medicine"......

Frank D.

P.S....edited to add scripture.......
This message was modified Dec 29, 2004 by faithfulFrank

Emmo

Reply #49   Dec 29, 2004 8:57 am
Dave,

Glad to hear the good news! I'm sure something good will come from these possibilities. Hang in there, I'm sure the waiting is the painful part. Hopefully you're a football fan, this is a great time of the year for it to take your mind off of other things.

My misguided Buckeyes take on Marshall's second cousins, Oklahoma State, tonite in San Antone.....the Alamo bowl. Hopefully no more players open their closets for the skeletons to fall out before game time.
Marshall

Reply #50   Dec 29, 2004 10:00 am
Yea, that will be an interesting game. Oklahoma State is better than they think they are, if they will keep in mind that they have played good teams really well and they stay motivated, it could be a good game.
Emmo

Reply #51   Dec 29, 2004 12:05 pm
Oh, it definately will be a game.....Ok State is the favorite by 3 1/2 and they gave Oklahoma everything that they cared to see earlier this season.

Our QB that squashed Michigans defense is still home in Ohio, due to a booster lining his pockets! I'm afraid our athletic director now has the NCAA on speed dial!

After the Clarrett thing , you'd think these kids would get a clue!

"Student athletes".......well they're half right!!
This message was modified Dec 29, 2004 by Emmo
Marshall

Reply #52   Dec 29, 2004 3:59 pm
Oh heck, I didn't know they were favored, I don't follow them quite as closely as I do the Sooners.Ok. State has a tradition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. However, they have done well against teams outside of the Big 12 over the years. It'll be fun to watch tonight, especially since here in an hour or so i'll be getting done with my work until next year.
Marshall

Reply #53   Dec 30, 2004 12:19 am
Well Emmo, my feelings about this game had merit after all. The Cowboys have never been a team I would bet the ranch on. Well, maybe bet to lose.
Emmo

Reply #54   Dec 30, 2004 9:45 am
You were right Marshall, this OK team either comes to play or they don't bother showing up. It was great to see our other QB step up and play well, injury and all, and Ted Ginn put on a show. He'll be Heisman material in another year or two.

The down part about a blow out is that it gave ESPN more dead air time to fill about the woes at Ohio State. It's time to start hanging the so-called "boosters". I'm sure lint would agree with me on this, Michigan, is one of the few other schools I can think of that was trying to prosecute a booster in the Chris Webber basketball deal. At least that booster had the decency to die before he was convicted!
Marshall

Reply #55   Dec 30, 2004 10:35 am
You were right Marshall, this OK team either comes to play or they don't bother showing up. It was great to see our other QB step up and play well, injury and all, and Ted Ginn put on a show. He'll be Heisman material in another year or two.

The down part about a blow out is that it gave ESPN more dead air time to fill about the woes at Ohio State. It's time to start hanging the so-called "boosters". I'm sure lint would agree with me on this, Michigan, is one of the few other schools I can think of that was trying to prosecute a booster in the Chris Webber basketball deal. At least that booster had the decency to die before he was convicted!

Emmo, you guys are going to be tough next year if the NCAA doesn't hang them, the teams on the rise! On the other hand, my Sooner are going to be a whole different team next year with no Jason White and with loosing a ton of starting seniors. The good part is two-fold, we have Stoops as a coach and he just doesn't have bad ball teams and, OU has talent running out the wazoo. Just have to get the two things together quickly.

Frankly Emmo, I was glad to see Ohio State win, I can't stand Les Miles, Ok. States head coach, he's an arogant ass. A winning arroagnt ass, I can at the very least respect. But, a loosing arrogant ass is worthless as tit's on a boar hog.

Congrats on the win!

This message was modified Dec 30, 2004 by Marshall
Replies: 1 - 55 of 55View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42