Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > "Summerizing" the new Ariens snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

"Summerizing" the new Ariens snowblower
Original Message   Apr 9, 2005 9:49 pm
Well guys,
Being a man of faith........I'm going to take a leap here and assume that I will not need the snowblower anymore this season.
This is what I have done or will do to put it away for the summer. 
I'm posting this so all you smarter OPE people here could tell me if I should do anything more or different....

Cleaned, waxed everything.
Drained gas out of it, put new STABILIZED WITH PRI-G gas in tank.
Took sparkplug out, looked at it, (it was kinda black), cleaned it. Sprayed fogging oil in cylinder hole, pulled rope a few times, reinstalled sparkplug.
Oil was still pretty new, but will change it again in the fall with new 5-30 synthetic.

Should I grease anything? Should I buy that "red" grease Ariens recommends and do anything to the inside gears, friction disk, or anything?
Should I store it on blocks to take any pressure off the tires?
Should I do anything to the battery?  {I bought a small Schumacher Battery charger/maintainer for it, but never even used it this year.)

What else should I do to it?  I was thinking about buying a small amount of  touch up paint for the very few places inside the chute/impeller area that is chipped from normal use.

You all know the motto we on this forum live by....TAKE CARE OF YOUR STUFF AND THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.

Thanks guys!

Frank D.
This message was modified Apr 9, 2005 by faithfulFrank

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42