Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Gilson snowblower question.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jgreen

Gilson snowblower question.
Original Message   Apr 6, 2005 10:09 am
I was at my friends house last night and he showed me a  snowblower a relative gave him for free !    It is a Gilson  5 hp 24" cut   two stage.  It is in very good condition (no rust,good paint etc. )    .  He said it starts up and runs OK   but may need a tune up.   the only problem is the wheels.   they are some kind of hard rubber.  the tire is not cracked or split but the treads or lugs or what ever they are called  are completey  worn off from use !    My friend said he tried the machine in our last spring storm and it worked OK  but he could get traction  on the smooth tires.  

I forgot to get the model number or serial number   but I will get it tonight.      The wheels lokked like they are held on with one bolt through the center??.

I think I recall that Gilson was a premium brand   at least the machine looks well built.     

But what can he do about the wheels?      My first thought was to see if we could get a set of chains to fit?    but I think a new set of wheels would be better.  

who  has got some ideas?

thanks

John
Scotts 21" self propelled  mower
MTD  4.5 HP single stage snow thrower
Snapper 3 HP single stage snow thrower
Yardman 5HP two stage snowblower
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42