Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > OPE heaven

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

OPE heaven
Original Message   Apr 2, 2005 5:48 pm
Hi Gang. Today I visited a Simplicity dealership that is only about 15 miles from my house, but I never knew existed. I have spindles on order with the dealer I normally go to, but they admittedly botched the order from 3 weeks ago and it could be another 1 or 2 weeks. I checked the Simp dealer locater and was suprised to find out this dealer existed. I thought I'd take a ride up there to just see if he had the part in stock. Wow, what a nice place. They had a real nice large showroom loaded with Simplicity, Husqvarna, and Exmark tractors and mowers. I was like a kid in the worlds biggest candy store. It's been pouring rain here all day and the place was real slow. Although they didn't have the part i need in stock, I ended up pulling up a stool at the parts counter and having a nice talk with the manager for about 2 hours. Again, it was a slow day. I wouldn't expect this all the time. Only 4 other customers came in during that time. Thats when I would spend "Quality Time", with the equipment, while the manager took care of them. The Simplicity Conquest is my dream machine, but now that I really looked it over and sat on it, it may be just a little too big for my one acre. But I still want one.  LOL 

I sat down in this baby and felt like I was in a lounge chair in my living room. What a machine!

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/stallion.php

The place closes at 12:00 pm on Saturdays and when it got close to that time I told the manager I'd better get going so as
not to hold him up. He just said no rush, so we just kept shooting the breeze for about another 1/2 hr. Anyway, it was just a nice way to blow off a rainy Saturday morning. Then I went up to see the other dealership. Like I said it's been pouring rain here since the early morning hours and flood warnings are in effect. These guys are located on the edge of the Suquehanna river in PA, and often get flooded out. They were in the process of moving things in their hardware store to "higher ground" in anticipation of being flooded. It's a good bunch of country boys there too. Even though they screwed up my parts order, They generally are good with the service and are a friendly family oriented place. Guess I'm just lucky to have 2 good Simplicity dealerships nearby. It was a good day.

Kevin

This message was modified Apr 2, 2005 by Vangellis

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 3 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
fouracres

Re: OPE heaven
Reply #3   Apr 3, 2005 4:31 pm
Vangellis,

In the past year of my ongoing research into the purchase of my next adolescent fantasy mowing machine (a new GT, we already have a Honda RT5000 wonder GT beast with 4WD, 4W P/S AWS, 2 shaft PTOs). I have found the most pleasant experience to be at a Simplicity dealer (4 total). Always very pleasant and they knew their product line.

John Deere dealers (5 total) left a lot lacking in customer service. I travel the world in my job and can get along with anybody. I am not scary looking but at a JD dealer, it seems like they don't even want to talk to you. Went into one shop and stood there looking at tractors for 10 minutes with salesmen around, nothing. Funny but I was the only customer there!  Just wanted to buy an X Series, their loss I guess. Walked out to the car shaking my head.

NOT ALL JD dealers are that way, I had a really pleasant talk with a dealer when I was on travel in Austin, TX. Nice fellow and he knew his product. Too bad I live on the Canadian border!

No brainer, our Simplicity Prestige 23/54 will be delivered from the factory to the dealer this week and hopefully at our home next weekend.

Cub dealers were fine (3000 or 5000 series) and helpfull but my wife does not want to ride around on something that looks like a "fried egg"!

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #4   Apr 3, 2005 6:57 pm
Hi Fouracres. Welcome to the forum. 
      I guess it's a hit or miss on some dealerships. Theres a JD dealership right down the road from the Simplicity dealer I go to. I've had both refer me to the other if they didn't have something I was looking for. Overall, not a bad experience with the JD dealership, but I think I tested him the one day, and he got PO'ed. They sell the Frontier line and Husqvarna snowblowers there. As I was looking them over one day a guy came over and asked if I needed anything. Just from info I've received on this forum I asked him a few questions. First I asked him how the Husqvarna's were performing since they were newer to the snowblower market. He  just stated that he really hadn't heard any complaints about them. Hmmm. But I think I touched a nerve when I asked how the "Murray" built Frontiers were holding up. He just said again, no complaints, and just walked away. I did want a price on one of the Husqvarna's so I asked another guy that was on the floor and he took me to the office of the first guy to ask him. He actually gave me a look of disdain and blurted out $1300. I asked if that was his best price and said, today it is. I was almost going to ask him if I came back tomorrow would the price be better.  LOL   Anyway, that experience kind of turned me off to that dealer.
       I don't think I was being a smart aleck by mentioning Murray in the same vain as a JD Frontier, but lets call a spade a spade. A small OPE dealer just a couple miles from my house and who I've dealt with for years sells White brand mowers. A few years ago I asked him about the quality of them because I really wasn't familiar with this brand at all. His statement to me was, "Very good quality. They are made by the same company that makes Cub Cadet and Troy Bilt". Well, gee, They must be well made. Little did I know that company was MTD rebadging these units. Funny he didn't mention that. Oh well, knowledge is power and I don't think the average consumer should get mislead as to what they are reallying paying for. It also reminds me of the great HorsePower debate, but I ain't going there.  LOL
     Everybody has there good days and bad days and each experience can be different. I have my own 3 strike rule. After the 3rd bad experience at a place, I'm done. Maybe thats one to many, but I do try to be understanding and cut some slack. Well thats enough of a rant for now. Still raining out and flooding in the area is getting worse. Another reason to be grateful. I live up on a hill.

Kevin 

Simplicity Conquest
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #5   Apr 5, 2005 1:25 pm
The personality of the folks you deal with means a LOT when doing business! Doesn't really matter what color the machine is if you have to deal with a nitwit, it get's old real quick!

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #6   Apr 5, 2005 1:26 pm
As a side note, I always thought OPE heaven was in Horicon

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Emmo

Reply #7   Apr 5, 2005 3:06 pm
bontaiJoe wrote:
As a side note, I always thought OPE heaven was in Horicon

Where everyone wears Green underwear.  

(Its also a sportsmans heaven)
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #8   Apr 5, 2005 3:22 pm
Emmo wrote:
Where everyone wears Green underwear.  

(Its also a sportsmans heaven)
WHAT'S CAMO GET YOU?
Emmo

Reply #9   Apr 5, 2005 3:29 pm
Marshall wrote:
WHAT'S CAMO GET YOU?

NOT shot!
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #10   Apr 5, 2005 3:33 pm
Damn.
18Degrees

Reply #11   Apr 7, 2005 6:19 pm
fouracres wrote:
 Too bad I live on the Canadian border!

Cub dealers were fine (3000 or 5000 series) and helpfull but my wife does not want to ride around on something that looks like a "fried egg"!

Welcome to the forum Fouracres

"fried egg" hahahahahahaha

um  -   just wondering.............................................which side of the Candian border?

18 degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Replies: 3 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42