Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Great find on a Honda Hydro Walk-Behind!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JasonBlue

Great find on a Honda Hydro Walk-Behind!
Original Message   Apr 2, 2005 6:48 am
Grazing my local HD 2 weekends ago and saw a reconditioned Honda HRB217HXA.  That's the one with the hydorstatic drive and blade brake cluch.  They normally sell it for $699.  This one was missing a few small parts, like oil filler cap, mulch plug, air cleaner cover, etc.  Total parts about $35.  The machine showed no signs that it was ever used: pristine deck, blades, etc.

It had a red "Manager's Special" tag on it for $199.  I already own an 11 year old honda that is similar and love that machine.  Couldn't leave it there.  Actually, I didn't get it that day, too busy.  Took me a few trips back to find the right guy to honor the $199 price, which was no longer on the machine.  Even the store manager wouldn't do it, and wanted the $590 "mark down" price.  Finally got the lawn and garden manager to sell it for the $199.  Persistance pays off!

Full 2-year factory warranty, too!!!!

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
18Degrees

Re: Great find on a Honda Hydro Walk-Behind!
Reply #1   Apr 2, 2005 8:50 am
Next time buy it right then and there, even if you can't pick it up untill later.

Good deals are great, esp. on stuff you like.                    

18 degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Majorxlr8n

Reply #2   Apr 2, 2005 9:17 am
AWESOME DEAL JasonBlue  & welcome to the forum!

Marty

nibbler

Reply #3   Apr 2, 2005 11:08 am
Reminds me of how I got my pressure washer.

I'm browsing a local HD and see they have a pressure washer on sale at about $150CDN less than normal, this is about 25% off. Turns out its missing parts which they don't carry. I go to a second HD and ask if they match prices with other stores. They say yes. I get them to calll HD #1, I didn't get the 10% less than competitior pricing but I did get a brand new, complete washer at the price of the one that was missing stuff.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42