Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Part Changes

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
zslnk

Ariens Part Changes
Original Message   Mar 21, 2005 7:35 pm
Hello,

I'm working to fix up my old ST1163, 924071 SN 003233. I ordered axle bearings from a dealer (05417700), they don't fit the bearing retainers and the dealer says that they are the corect ones. The new ones are sealed on both sides (old ones were sealed on one side) and they allowed the bearing retainer plates to sit flush on the sides of the blower. The new ones hold the bearing retainer out from the blower. Does anyone know if you want to use the new bearings if you have to get updated bearing retainers or did I just get the wrong bearings. On the Ariens parts radar there is superseaded data that makes it looks this way but not for my blower, just for a slightly different model because the bearings for mine are not listed.

Thanks,

Craig

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: Ariens Part Changes
Reply #1   Mar 21, 2005 9:38 pm
there is a new bearing and guess what   a new retainer to go with it.

your dealer should have picked up on this.

miss snowshoveler  can post new retainer number if necessary

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
zslnk

Re: Ariens Part Changes
Reply #2   Mar 22, 2005 12:47 pm
I droped the question to Ariens tech support also, I had the same answer in about 6 hours. These guys are great!

Thanks again,

Craig

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42