Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I need some help with an old snapper, parts info

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Mang

I need some help with an old snapper, parts info
Original Message   Mar 21, 2005 1:09 pm
I have never ordered parts for ope before, and I want to fix this one myself.  I'm working on a snapper hivac selfpropelled mower, the model number is 21400p.

I basically want to know 3 things.  Where should I order the parts from online?  will the new ninja mulching blade and cover kit work with this mower? 21" deck and where I can find part numbers etc?   It needs a new clutch assembly and maybe a new rubber drive wheel, the belts seem good.  I will also buy a new bagging assembly for it as well. I'ts amazing the decks on these mowers don't seem to have changed at all in the last 25 years.

I'm looking forward to taking on the little project and would appreciate any help that can be provided.

MANG

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: I need some help with an old snapper, parts info
Reply #1   Mar 21, 2005 1:37 pm
THEY'RE GREAT MOWERS MANG.

TRY HERE FOR NINJA BLADES AND PARTS

YOU CAN ALSO ORDER FROM YOUR LOCAL DEALER

Mang

Reply #2   Mar 21, 2005 2:48 pm
Do you think dealers would charge more for the parts than jacks would?
jubol

Reply #3   Mar 21, 2005 2:58 pm
  Mang

You might also wnt to try ,  Outdoor Distributors, and compare parts prices.

Fred            

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Marshall

Reply #4   Mar 21, 2005 3:28 pm
Mang wrote:
Do you think dealers would charge more for the parts than jacks would?

On the most part, probably so. But, they may be able to be more helpful too? If so, how much is that worth to you? I know, it all depends on how much more and what kind of help they provide. Point being, I can't give you an absolute answer. Though, from what I hear, Jacks is pretty darn helpful over the phone.

Oh yea, the best part is, there isn't that much that can be expensive on the Snapper so, whoever can provide you an avenue to what part you need could be the best choice.

This message was modified Mar 21, 2005 by Marshall
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #5   Mar 21, 2005 4:09 pm
MANG===You should not have any problem getting parts for the Snapper.   Any number mentioned by the other  posters are excellent sources.

Wish you best in getting it ready for the spring grass is on it,s way here in the deep south.   We have had very little winter---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Mang

Reply #6   Mar 21, 2005 4:15 pm
Well I went to snapper.com and looked up the parts manual for my model, it looks right too.  outdoor distributors didn't seem to have any of the parts,  Jacks has many but not all the ones I need. 

You made a good point about the help from the dealer being worth the extra if there is extra, so I'll take her down to the dealer and order all the parts. I am actually suprised how cheap the parts were on jackssmallengines.com  I think for 50-75 dollars this thing would be awsome, and would have the new ninja mulching blade etc, and since this mower was free that's alot better than 500 for a new hi vac.

unless anyone has any other websites that offer snapper parts, I'll keep checking back for more info in replies.

Thanks,     Mang

Marshall

Reply #7   Mar 21, 2005 4:32 pm
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42