Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Pincor Generator with 11 Horse Briggs

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RalphS

There's a reason for more than one snowblower.
Because.
1974 Ariens 824 SnoThro
197? Ariens ST270 SnoThro
1988 Ariens ST824 SnoThro
196? REO Snowblower
1960 Ariens SnoThro
1964 Ariens SnoThro

Pincor Generator with 11 Horse Briggs
Original Message   Mar 21, 2005 8:28 am
I have been tasked with trying to get an old Pincor 5500 watt generator running.  My brother-in-law had this under his porch for a few years.  I've never seen more half-eaten acorns, grass, and crap come out from an engine housing.  It is an 11 horse Briggs.  I can't find any numbers yet.  It has an external oil tank.  The engine does appear to have good compression.  

I have the shroud (with recoil starter) off, but I can't figure out how to proceed.  I am presented with the ratcheting part of the starter mechanism (sort of a square stub)  but what to do next?  It just isn't obvious to me.  There is more "stuff" under the flywheel to remove. 

I will try and clean the rust off the flywheel and coil and then check for spark before proceeding. 

Please be kind, this is my first Briggs.

Ralph

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42