Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Pincor Generator with 11 Horse Briggs

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RalphS

There's a reason for more than one snowblower.
Because.
1974 Ariens 824 SnoThro
197? Ariens ST270 SnoThro
1988 Ariens ST824 SnoThro
196? REO Snowblower
1960 Ariens SnoThro
1964 Ariens SnoThro

Pincor Generator with 11 Horse Briggs
Original Message   Mar 21, 2005 8:28 am
I have been tasked with trying to get an old Pincor 5500 watt generator running.  My brother-in-law had this under his porch for a few years.  I've never seen more half-eaten acorns, grass, and crap come out from an engine housing.  It is an 11 horse Briggs.  I can't find any numbers yet.  It has an external oil tank.  The engine does appear to have good compression.  

I have the shroud (with recoil starter) off, but I can't figure out how to proceed.  I am presented with the ratcheting part of the starter mechanism (sort of a square stub)  but what to do next?  It just isn't obvious to me.  There is more "stuff" under the flywheel to remove. 

I will try and clean the rust off the flywheel and coil and then check for spark before proceeding. 

Please be kind, this is my first Briggs.

Ralph

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Majorxlr8n

Re: Pincor Generator with 11 Horse Briggs
Reply #1   Mar 21, 2005 9:37 am
Ralph,

If this engine doesn't have points, I see no need to remove the flywheel. Just carefully use a wooden dowel to clean out the "crud" underneath. One thing to definitely look for is chewed up wires. Rodents love them. If any are bare & are touching metal, you will find that you have no spark due to shorting.

Marty

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #2   Mar 21, 2005 7:13 pm
external oil tank...i would like a picture of that one.

a bit of compressed air will do wonders for the rodent dirt.

check the condition of the fuel tank . if its metal it may have rust.

the recoil starter rachet must spin free one way and lock the other.

if it wont then we can discuss the fix. do not attemt to remove it until we tell you how,it can be difficult.

if it works then dont mess with it.

the carb is probably nasty and if you have spark then we will work on the carb.

let us know what you need.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
RalphS

Because.
1974 Ariens 824 SnoThro
196? REO Snowblower
1960 Ariens SnoThro
1964 Ariens SnoThro

Reply #3   Mar 22, 2005 8:01 am
I can take a picture of the external oil tank set up and post it later.  It also looks like there is some type of switch inside the oil tank to stop engine if empty or low- I haven't quite figured it out yet.  The line from the tank to the crankcase has what appears to be some type of check valve.  The oil in the crankcase and external tank looks perfect (but I will be changing). 

Lots of compressed air spread the rodent dirt and acorns all over the driveway.  That part is done. 

Thankfully, the fuel tank is plastic.  It's empty, except for a little bit of varnish on the bottom.  I'm sure the varnish is throughout the entire fuel system.  The fuel shutoff is stuck either open or closed.  I've never seen one quite like it. 

Recoil starter rachets OK.  I am taking the suggestion of not removing the flywheel since I do have spark.  I just cleaned up the rust off the flywheel. 

It's going to be a nice day today (mid 40s), so I will be tackling the fuel system outside. 

Anybody have a manual for a 5500 watt Pincor generator?  From what I've found, they are no longer available. 

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

Ralph

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #4   Mar 22, 2005 6:45 pm
hi Ralph...

any chance you could post the model type and code for your engine.

these numbers are on the metal shroud that was covering the flywheel. you have me curious now so i will look it up on the network  when you post numbers.if you need any parts i can help with numbers.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
RalphS

Because.
1974 Ariens 824 SnoThro
196? REO Snowblower
1960 Ariens SnoThro
1964 Ariens SnoThro

Reply #5   Mar 23, 2005 8:13 am
Model 252412; Type 0722-01; Code 86042811. 

That dates to 1986.  According to my brother in law, this generator was last run late December, 1999 (remember the Y2K scare?). 

I still need to check the carb out. 

I have pics of the external oil tank setup, but I don't know how to post pictures yet. 

Ralph

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42