Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > I Got A New Sound System!!!

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

I Got A New Sound System!!!
Original Message   Jan 24, 2005 5:50 pm
I think that I may have a problem with my subwoofer. I have a Logitech Z-640 5.1 surround system for computer. Untill recently, my subwoofer is doing alot of rattling as if it has been blown up. So, I used a flash light to look threw the screen the best I can. So far that I can see, the material looks perfectly fine. I don't see any holes or tearing. I was thinking that mabie the rattling is being caused by something loose inside. The thing that I hate about this unit is that it looks like I can't take this apart! However, in the back where the electrical and audio connections are made, it looks like there are screws that I can remove to get to there. But see, not sure if that will help me or not.

In your experiance, could a subwoofer tear in the inside only? What do you think could be causing the rattling sound?
This message was modified Feb 5, 2005 by Termy

Replies: 20 - 29 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
navihawk

Re: I Think My Subwoofer Is Shot!
Reply #20   Feb 4, 2005 7:59 pm
Hears one for you Apple guys....Ipod dock

Get rid of your big stereo speakers and amps.This covers it all

navihawk

Reply #21   Feb 4, 2005 8:05 pm
this one will knock your socks off

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #22   Feb 5, 2005 11:35 am
I know it's not computer stuff but if you're looking for a good 5.1 or 7.1 system that will also do a fantastic 2 channel stereo, consider the following. It's my exact set-up. You would have to find these particular floor speakers, they are out of production today. But Klipsch makes some great new ones, I don't think they produce quite the sound these do though.

The Denon and Klipsch product make a beautiful sound together.

Klipsch KLH 2 Floorstanding speakers

Klipsch RB-5II Bookshelves for Rear's, Sides and Center Back

Klipsch RC-3II Center Channel

And a Klipsch downfiring sub in your flavor of watts. I'm running 400w.

Then hook em up to this 7.1 channel Denon AVR 3802 at 110w per channel. Or any Denon AVR receiver.

navihawk

Reply #23   Feb 5, 2005 3:50 pm
Nice stuff Marshall.Right up there in quality and price with Bose.If you got the space for them they are real nice.Sit in a new Silverado with a Bose system and tell me what you think.
Marshall

Reply #24   Feb 5, 2005 4:51 pm
That is true, you do need space!
Termy

Reply #25   Feb 5, 2005 9:07 pm
Very nice setup there Marshall!!!

Thanks guys but as I said, I already bought my new system and it is a incredable!

It comes with a remote as you can see on a 6 foot cord. Everything can be controlled by it and the remote is lit with two different colored LED's!!!  And of course the grills are removable for a whole another look. Oh and there were two different versions of these. The silver frill and the black grill. I got the system with the black grills.

Termy

Re: I Got A New Sound System!!!
Reply #26   Feb 6, 2005 5:27 am
Since you guys are so interested in really good quality sound, I would like to foward you to this website. Were groven the Lansing

Marshall

Reply #27   Feb 6, 2005 10:28 am
Termy

Reply #28   Feb 7, 2005 7:44 pm
Thanks Marshall for posting that link! (y)

It interesting and fun to compare different models from other ones. The only thing I don't like about Altec Lansing is that they don't update their site that well. For instance, they have many more models of sound systems and the ones they have on their site is just a few. But, acording to a friend of mine, Altec Lansing makes the best speakers. I am not really sure if that is just his opinion or not, but I usually agree with alot of what he says so I am thinking the same way lol.

The thing that irritates me about Bose is that they are so overpriced! I mean, you look at their units and they look so small, even the sub unit. I understand they use some wave guide technology, but still, come one, they look so dinky small like they could never put out the sound that my new system does. They want freaken 600 here 800 there. A little 350 there and mabie a little 400 here. To them, money does not make a difference with them, to us, we have our pocket book and its not that big. So I guess what I am saying is that Bose is for rich people not for people like me.

Marshall

Reply #29   Feb 7, 2005 7:59 pm
If you look at Bose reviews from their owners, you would be best suited to spend your money elswhere, if you have room. I'm not talking about the computer system speaker sets though, I don't know about those.
Replies: 20 - 29 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42