Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > I Got A New Sound System!!!

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

I Got A New Sound System!!!
Original Message   Jan 24, 2005 5:50 pm
I think that I may have a problem with my subwoofer. I have a Logitech Z-640 5.1 surround system for computer. Untill recently, my subwoofer is doing alot of rattling as if it has been blown up. So, I used a flash light to look threw the screen the best I can. So far that I can see, the material looks perfectly fine. I don't see any holes or tearing. I was thinking that mabie the rattling is being caused by something loose inside. The thing that I hate about this unit is that it looks like I can't take this apart! However, in the back where the electrical and audio connections are made, it looks like there are screws that I can remove to get to there. But see, not sure if that will help me or not.

In your experiance, could a subwoofer tear in the inside only? What do you think could be causing the rattling sound?
This message was modified Feb 5, 2005 by Termy

Replies: 10 - 19 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Nobium

Don't say i'm not generous, I donated my foot into that guy's @$$.

Re: I Think My Subwoofer Is Shot!
Reply #10   Jan 28, 2005 5:07 pm
I would like to try my Panasonic 800 watt TV surround sound system on the PC here. The z640's are not my favorite choice of surround sound. They are good to an extent of woofer power and bass quality. I find that as long as you don't put the bass up too high it will be good but it then gets distorted easily on higher volumes. My 900$ surround sound on the other hand has AMAZING sound! i play Bass techno and Blast it loud enough to knock the windows out lol :) the bass is incredible, no distortion even at max, only problem is that it annoys everyone else in the house at that level. The logitech has an 8 inch sub i believe, my panasonic system has a 7 1/2 inch sub with a 340 watt amp. Aluminum cast cone with rubber bushing around it. rear firing and front ported. I sit a foot and a half away from it, KABOOM!

XBox Live Tag-Nobium DBCrew

AKA:Tech9-Spaz12

Termy

Reply #11   Jan 28, 2005 10:35 pm
This is what I am looking at now. Its the Logitech Z-5300 This sucker is one of their best models and praduces alot of sound. I should have got this in the beggining.

This message was modified Jan 28, 2005 by Termy

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #12   Jan 29, 2005 1:28 pm
Mine are bassy, but for ten dollars they are perfect.  Cyber Acoustics CA-3001.  Just them a look and tell me what you think.  http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&context=&keyword=Cyber+Acoustics&searchSection=All&go.x=15&go.y=9

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #13   Jan 29, 2005 2:25 pm
Terminator20 wrote:
This is what I am looking at now. Its the Logitech Z-5300 This sucker is one of their best models and praduces alot of sound. I should have got this in the beggining.

Terminator, my first post in response to the Z-5300 was deleted by ChrisS, but I'll repost because I think it will help you out.

According to Maximum PC their favorite 5.1 system is the Z-5500, their favorite 4.1 is the Logitech Z-560's.  They were disappointed in the new Logitech 2300's.  Based on your interest in gaming, high quality computer audio and videocards, I'd say you'd love a subscription to Maximum PC.  It's about $10/year.

Good luck,
--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Termy

Reply #14   Jan 29, 2005 6:54 pm
Ajace, those are 2.1 systems. Goog if you don't game alot. But for me, 5.1 is what I need. Altec Lansing being the best, and Logitech being 2nd or third. I am going to buy a Logitech Z-5300. Ow and snowremover, I want to get the Z-5500 but it costs just too much. The 5300 is right in my price range, and when I checked on the specs, it puts out alot of sound.

About ChrisS deleting your post, he would not do that unless he had a good reason to do so. I am not sure why he did, but you will have to take that up with him. I have to say thanks for the information on maxumim pc. $10.00 dollars a year is not bad at all! Can you give me a link to there website so I can subscribe? Thanks...

SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #15   Jan 30, 2005 7:08 am
Their web site is MaximumPC.com, but they only sell subscriptions for the CD/Magazine version ($30 year).  This link, for $12/year is just the magazine at Amazon.

Good luck,
--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Termy

Reply #16   Feb 4, 2005 1:31 am
To anyone who really cares, I took my system back to best buy because I had the two year warentee on it. When I did, they tested it out and agreed, it was toast. First of all, if a subwoofer rattles, that is not a good sign. The kind of thing you are talking about is that your large sub vibrates so much that it can move itself off of a smooth serfice.

Anyway, I bought myself a Logitech Z-5300. WAY WAY better system. Should of got it in the first place. Hay, you get what you pay for right? Thanks to all who helped me.! Thumbsup

navihawk

Reply #17   Feb 4, 2005 7:50 pm
Just bite the bullet and get a Bose system.Often copied but never equalled.You coul even take a wave radio and hook it up to your pc.
navihawk

Reply #18   Feb 4, 2005 7:52 pm
$99.00
This message was modified Feb 4, 2005 by navihawk
navihawk

Reply #19   Feb 4, 2005 7:56 pm
$249.00 sounds great
This message was modified Feb 4, 2005 by navihawk
Replies: 10 - 19 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42