Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > I'll be gone for awhile......

Community Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

I'll be gone for awhile......
Original Message   Jan 20, 2005 3:24 pm
Hey guys..........

I thought I'd post this, because of all the caring people who notice when one of the regulars "disappear" for awhile.

I'll be gone until next month.......you all get a well deserved break from me........

I'm leaving tomorrow flying to Houston, leaving from Galviston, taking my wife of 25 years  on a nice long Carribean cruise.

Before anyone says that I shouldn't have posted this on the internet, my son will be home to watch the house, etc. He is a hunter and loves his guns....burglars take note,hint, hint.

He will also hopefully have some good practice using the new Ariens while we are sunning, etc, all over Mexico and the Carribean.  I'll be irked if he gets some nice big storms and gets to put the new baby through a nice workout without me..........but I guess you can't have it both ways.

See you around the first of Feb........!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Outline
Emmo

Re: I'll be gone for awhile......
Reply #1   Jan 20, 2005 3:56 pm
Have a great trip Frank.  You and your wife deserve this wonderful trip.  My wife and I honeymooned at Cancun 12 years ago. We had a great time.

If you haven't been to the carribean beware of the sun.  My wife and I are pretty tolerant of the sun, but the sun down there brutalized us and we were cautious with the sunscreen.  It just seems to be more intense that far south.

Have a great trip, I'm sure there will be plenty of snow waiting for you when you come home.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #2   Jan 20, 2005 4:33 pm
Frank...

You and your wife enjoy the trip ! ...and be safe !

Better write down the hours on the Ariens... they may take it out for joy rides ! 

Thanks for letting us know... so we won't start worrying where you went to !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #3   Jan 20, 2005 4:54 pm
Frank,

Very kind of you to let us know! You know it's going to snow like crazy when you leave, right? LOL 

Have a blast, you all desrve it, I am sure.

Termy

Reply #4   Jan 20, 2005 5:20 pm
Have a great trip Frank! Trust me, you deserve the break! I hope that you and your wife have a wonderful time.

Yes, please do take down those hours. If it was me, I would have been running the machine (playing around with it) even if there were no snow lol.

Don't forget to bring back suvenears

TomP

Once you go Mac you never go back!

Reply #5   Jan 20, 2005 5:34 pm
Frank:

Have a great vacation and don't forget the iPod!!

Snow Team:

Simplicity 1060 DLXE - Toro Snow Commander / 3650 - Honda HS520
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #6   Jan 20, 2005 8:05 pm
Frank

Enjoy your vacation with the Mrs!  Forget about everything except soaking up some sun, enjoying each other's company and enjoying all the sights!

See you when you get back!

Paula

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #7   Jan 20, 2005 8:20 pm
Enjoy Frank and thanks for letting us know!  Man I envy you.

I let the folks here know when I go out of town now for the last two years since I left for 5 days on a trip to Canada and I expected internet cafe's up there and found none where we went and I worried everyone lol....

The house and all our junk has always been fine when we get home lol....

Have a great time!!!

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

Reply #8   Jan 20, 2005 8:37 pm
Don't come hope with a surprise in 9 months for us. 
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #9   Jan 20, 2005 8:44 pm
Marshall wrote:
Don't come hope with a surprise in 9 months for us. 

ROFLMAO......

And that is why my wife called my buddy the surgeon up three years ago and snip snip LMAO.......

Have a great time Big Guy lol......

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
robmints

Reply #10   Jan 20, 2005 9:00 pm
Way to go Frank. I know you are going because your wife needs to get away in the winter, but you will enjoy the trip alot also. The biggest thing i notice is how long the days are down there compared to here.

Besides the trip, a happy wife is not usually a bad thing. Have a safe trip Frank.

When you get back post some pics of your hair in cornrows.
Marshall

Reply #11   Jan 20, 2005 9:06 pm
"When you get back post some pics of your hair in cornrows'

ROFL!   FRANK IN CORNROWS, A HAWAIIAN SHIRT, SHADES, DRINK IN ONE HAND, BIG FATTY IN THE OTHER. THE BOYS AT THE FIREHOUSE WOULD HAVE FUN WITH THAT.  
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #12   Jan 21, 2005 1:41 am
That's a good picture of Frank.    How much does your Ipod hold?  Anyway, please do like everyone else does here...enjoy yourself to the fullest extent.  See you later

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #13   Jan 21, 2005 7:17 am
Frank---May you enjoy your cruise and we will miss you--Your friend-Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #14   Jan 21, 2005 9:02 am
Thanks everyone.........!
We leave within the hour. The Ipod is charged and ready with over 2000 songs, an audiobook and the entire Bible on it....(75 hours to listen to the whole Bible)......I have the 20 gig one, and the bible takes only about 1 gig of it.
It holds around 5000 songs, but I have not gotten around to loading more on it yet.

It is minus 1 here as I type, and they are calling for significant snow every day this week........so my son will have a good workout with the Ariens.

Marshall........don't have to worry about any suprises nine months from now.....visited Dr. Snip years ago....now I just "practice"...........

Robmints...."Cornrows!?"....I don't have enough up there for much else but "cornstalk stubble".....Grass doesn't grow on a busy street...!

See you all again in ten days........

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #15   Jan 21, 2005 1:13 pm
See ya soon.  That's a great idea to put the bible on an Ipod.  How did you do it? 

Guys, Frank already had the baby.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

and its name is............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Ariens 1332 DLE. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Cajunblu

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Reply #16   Jan 22, 2005 8:13 am
Have a great time with your lovely wife....AND DON'T FORGET

Robert

This message was modified Jan 22, 2005 by a moderator

Craftsman 888531 9/28 Easy Steer.

"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles,
and the letters get in the wrong places"

Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42