Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > I found this moving. The second coming.

Community Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

I found this moving. The second coming.
Original Message   Jan 17, 2005 11:56 am
It's in regard to the second coming of Christ, a little video. If that offends you, don't click. I found it moving and thought I would share.

The second coming
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Emmo

Re: I found this moving. The second coming.
Reply #1   Jan 17, 2005 12:22 pm
Thanks Marshall.....Pretty good timing!  I just got a phone call, my cousins young son was shot in a home invasion/robbery over in Africa. His parents do medical mission work there. He was being transported to a larger city for treatment. That's all I know at this time.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Jan 17, 2005 12:24 pm
Emmo wrote:
Thanks Marshall.....Pretty good timing!  I just got a phone call, my cousins young son was shot in a home invasion/robbery over in Africa. His parents do medical mission work there. He was being transported to a larger city for treatment. That's all I know at this time.
I'm so sorry Emmo! I wish I knew why bad things happen to good people. Please keep us posted. 
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #3   Jan 17, 2005 7:36 pm
My prayers are with you and your family Emmo....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Emmo

Reply #4   Jan 18, 2005 10:23 am
Thank you Chris,

Right now prayers are all we have to hang on to.  Word is slow to come back to the states.  My cousin is doing a residency in Cleveland and did get a flight out yesterday.  His parents (my aunt and uncle) we're already in another part of Africa visiting and are making their way to be with the injured boy.  With most of the immediate family in Africa, it may be some time before the rest of us know what the situation is.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #5   Jan 18, 2005 3:18 pm
That was a great message, Marshall.  I believe in everything it said. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #6   Jan 18, 2005 10:36 pm
Marshall,
That was nice.......and it IS true that wise men still seek him. Simply put, the empty grave proves all He said is true, and He said all  that.

Emmo,
Our prayers are with this boy and his family. My oldest son, 22, leaves for Djibouti, Africa in one month from now. Currently he is a Marine at Camp LeJeune.
We are so blessed to be on American soil........there are many serving around the world, either in ministry or in the military who are ever in danger.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Emmo

Reply #7   Jan 19, 2005 10:08 am
faithfulFrank wrote:
Marshall,
That was nice.......and it IS true that wise men still seek him. Simply put, the empty grave proves all He said is true, and He said all  that.

Emmo,
Our prayers are with this boy and his family. My oldest son, 22, leaves for Djibouti, Africa in one month from now. Currently he is a Marine at Camp LeJeune.
We are so blessed to be on American soil........there are many serving around the world, either in ministry or in the military who are ever in danger.

Frank D.

Thank you Frank....The distance makes this hard, plus the boy is only 7 or 8.  Not knowing what the details are , or the quality of care available makes me uneasy.  His parents are both Drs. but all of the training in the world is no good without facilities.   Some in the family questioned the children travelling into this situation, but the parents are dedicated to helping the less fortunate.  Gods plan for all of us sometimes doesn't make sense at the moment, but ultimately there is a design.

Frank, I  wish your son Godspeed and hope that he stays safe in his unselfish dedication to protecting our country.  He'll be in our prayers as well.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42