Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > WTB archives

Community Discussions

Search For:
Emmo

WTB archives
Original Message   Jan 7, 2005 4:41 pm
Has there been any more thought, or has it been ruled impossible or not feasible to rescue and transplant the WTB archives? There is a wealth of info that would be great to have at the new place. It would save countless hours of reinventing the wheel, and provide the transients a wealth of info immediately at Abby's. (It sure seems to me that if such a high % of visitors are not regulars or members, they must be relying on the search function to find their info without bothering to register and post a question to the forum. Having the archive moved to Abby's sure would seem to be a quick way to establish the info base quickly.)

My .02
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Cajunblu

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Re: WTB archives
Reply #4   Jan 7, 2005 6:21 pm
You go Emmo......You the Man

Robert.....

Craftsman 888531 9/28 Easy Steer.

"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles,
and the letters get in the wrong places"

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #5   Jan 7, 2005 6:53 pm
Transferring the WTB's history will certainly add value here...

Is it doable/feasible Peter/Admin ?

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Emmo

Reply #6   Jan 8, 2005 8:43 am
bump
Moderator peter

Reply #7   Jan 8, 2005 12:12 pm
Hello,

Somehow transferring the contents of the old forum to this site is certainly something we'd like to do. It probably would go into some "archive" area as you also suggest. This means, it will simply exist statically for people to read, but unlike this forum, you won't be able to post anything new to it.

Part of the problem is going to be ensuring that we bring over valuable content. What might make sense is that once a particular WTB guide is taken offline, we back it up, and let the moderators go in and delete everything of non-value. Then do the transfer...

Thoughts?

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #8   Jan 8, 2005 12:33 pm
It would take some time so the members would have to be patient. The four of use working together over time should be able to accomplish that. It would have to be done carefully so as not to delete useful info that has appeared torward the bottom of a seemingly irrelevant post. I start school up again in two weeks but if all goes well it won't be as emotionally draining as this last semester which was torture so I am willing to do what I can. I cannot speak for the others plus they may have other ideas which I would of course want to hear. I do think it is important to not lose years of valuable info and if it can be saved it must be IMHO even if that makes work for me lol....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #9   Jan 8, 2005 1:19 pm
Hi...

Transferring all WTB's Lawnmower posts into a non-postable archieve here sounds great !

I say it's not worth the effort to try and determine what's "valuable" or not... everyone has a different ideaa of what's "valuable" or not... and reading and selecting only certain threads will be very very time consuming...

Leave history as history... no need to alter it... it is what it is...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Moderator peter

Reply #10   Jan 8, 2005 1:23 pm
That might be just as well. As ChrisS mentions, seems like deleting unvaluable posts would take a lot of time. We certainly don't want that!
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #11   Jan 8, 2005 1:32 pm
Having a searchable, view only version of the archives is just fine. However, I really don't have time to go back through years and years of threads and posts in order to weed out what would be considered irrelivant information. I enjoy donating my time to moderate the forums but I try to have a life too.

I say just leave it all in there and let it be. This forum, Abby's, will be growing rapidly once it starts up and will be making it's own history in no time. Granted, we need the archives from WTB but, I see no reason to put a ton of work and time into cleaning them up.

Cheers
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #12   Jan 8, 2005 1:37 pm
Hey... I hope the Moderator's from WTB don't go into the archives too !

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

lland

Reply #13   Jan 11, 2005 3:27 pm
Maybe we can all just repost everything we wrote over at WTB in the past 2+ years.

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42