Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Disney we go!

Community Discussions

Search For:
mrmom

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Disney we go!
Original Message   Aug 7, 2005 9:16 pm
This coming Saturday everybody gets loaded off into the van and off to Orlando we go for a week. Wifey, the three kids and Granny-o all climb aboard the Disney express with yours truly at the wheel. I can hear it now... 'Are we there yet?'.

In preparation for the trip, I have had the Valentine one upgraded, Veil and a Laser sheild ordered and the trusty old CB dug out of the garage and dusted. Wilson 1000 antenna checked and cleaned up. Am not sure of the radio as it is an old Radioshack unit and is on it's last legs. Can anybody recommend a very good reliable CB radio? I still have a few days to hunt one down.

Thanks to advice from the board, we got the Unofficial Guide to Disney book and find it to be a very big resource. Lots of neat tips and tricks. I was bent on making a trip itinerary/schedule but decided to chuck it out the window and just roll with it. Having three little kids in the equation just won't allow such a thing. What was I thinking?

Initially we were looking to fly but the cost of airfare was prohibitive for 6 people. Doing the math, it was going to cost a little over 2k for airfare versus around 600 or so for gas, food and lodging for the round trip. Only drawback is that it will be 1100 miles..... one way. So.... I had a few bucks to spare for the new toys. Besides, we'll be using them on future trips anyway.

So..... am looking for last minute advice and more heads-up for things to watch out for on this trip from you guys. All responses will be appreciated.

-patrick-

This message was modified Aug 7, 2005 by mrmom
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42