Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Disney we go!

Community Discussions

Search For:
mrmom

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Disney we go!
Original Message   Aug 7, 2005 9:16 pm
This coming Saturday everybody gets loaded off into the van and off to Orlando we go for a week. Wifey, the three kids and Granny-o all climb aboard the Disney express with yours truly at the wheel. I can hear it now... 'Are we there yet?'.

In preparation for the trip, I have had the Valentine one upgraded, Veil and a Laser sheild ordered and the trusty old CB dug out of the garage and dusted. Wilson 1000 antenna checked and cleaned up. Am not sure of the radio as it is an old Radioshack unit and is on it's last legs. Can anybody recommend a very good reliable CB radio? I still have a few days to hunt one down.

Thanks to advice from the board, we got the Unofficial Guide to Disney book and find it to be a very big resource. Lots of neat tips and tricks. I was bent on making a trip itinerary/schedule but decided to chuck it out the window and just roll with it. Having three little kids in the equation just won't allow such a thing. What was I thinking?

Initially we were looking to fly but the cost of airfare was prohibitive for 6 people. Doing the math, it was going to cost a little over 2k for airfare versus around 600 or so for gas, food and lodging for the round trip. Only drawback is that it will be 1100 miles..... one way. So.... I had a few bucks to spare for the new toys. Besides, we'll be using them on future trips anyway.

So..... am looking for last minute advice and more heads-up for things to watch out for on this trip from you guys. All responses will be appreciated.

-patrick-

This message was modified Aug 7, 2005 by mrmom
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Disney we go!
Reply #1   Aug 7, 2005 10:19 pm
Ear plugs. Not for the rides, for the drive.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #2   Aug 8, 2005 12:00 am
Wish ya posted this a few weeks ago, I just gave away a couple park hoppers.   Anyways, have a great trip!!!! 
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #3   Aug 8, 2005 12:29 am
Nice, what kind of ride will you be rolling in?

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #4   Aug 8, 2005 1:28 am
Dear Patrick,
May you and yours have a blessed, memory filled, great time.  
I'm glad the advice on the Unofficial guide was helpful.
Enjoy!!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #5   Aug 8, 2005 8:54 am
Have a safe and fun trip !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

mrmom

Reply #6   Aug 8, 2005 9:27 am
Thanks for the responses and show of support. This will be the family's first long road trip and hopefully not the last.

Marshall, I already have the earplugs.... just didn't want to mention it. It's not for the bickering and fighting of the kids but for the backseat driving of wifey and good ol' mother-in-law.

Bill_D, thanks for the thought on the park hoppers. Went to the local AAA office the other day and picked up our hoppers at a small discount. Also picked up the AAA diamond parking pass (free) which allows you to park closer to the park entrance apparently not far from the handicap area. You'll still have to pay the 7 or 8 bucks a day parking but the walk is shorter.

Ajace, we have a 2000 Nisssan Quest minivan. Wider, lower profile tires, K&N airfilter and newer and better KYB front and rear suspension. Am still looking around for Brembo brakes that would fit and toying with the idea of a superchip or a supercharger So the quest (pun intended) is still on. The Veil and Laser sheild should be here in a couple of days.

Frank, thanks. Am looking forward to this trip and to the expressions on the kid's faces as they discover and explore the wonderful world of Disney.  A new chapter in the family's book of life begins. I think I'll give it the title "Are we there yet?".

Later.

-patrick-

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Aug 8, 2005 9:57 am
mrmom,

I had KYB's on a 4X4 Ford Ranger short bed once. Matter of fact there were 10 of them, triples on each front and duals on each rear. They were great shocks.

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #8   Aug 11, 2005 5:26 pm
Supercharger sounds great.  Wait till they get older, they'll really want to discover the Wonderful World Of Disney. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42