Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > NY City members and I , bad news.

Community Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

NY City members and I , bad news.
Original Message   Aug 2, 2005 3:15 am
I watch your local station every night, M-F, via illegal satelite, so I can watch Jimmy Kimmel an hour early, and occasionally forget it is on, and like tonight I was doin' some computer work, and had it on in the backround, and your local news repeat came on after Kimmel, and I must say your local news took the cake tonight. The top 3 stories on yours tonight were....
#1) A drunk dude that jumped in a friends delivery truck, and drove off, to make him think it was stolen. Lost control hit a mother and kid, killed both.
#2 3 teens caught trying to dump a 16 year old girls body that lived next door over a bridge. They beat her, and cut her up, I'm certain after raping her.
#3 Some care taker poured a tub full of scalding water and burned 2 babies to death.

Soooo I flipped on my local news here in Chi, and watched a story(#4) of a mom gettin hit by a stray bullet during a drive by in broad daylight, and then followed by a feel good story to uplift my mood(#5) of a families minivan gettin T-Boned by a drunk driver, bursting it into flames, as the parents escaped. the kids, strapped in burned to their deaths as a horrified crowd of 30+ people stood by helplessly watching as the flames were to high to get them out.
But then the Sox highlights came on, and I was made to almost forgot about all of it, in fact I did for a few minutes. My god this world is just toooooo fvcked up to comprehend sometimes.
Replies: 4 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: NY City members and I , bad news.
Reply #4   Aug 2, 2005 5:44 pm
"As crazy as it sounds, perhaps if kids were allowed to vote and given a voice, that would change....lawmakers would be forced to view them differently. "

That's the smartest observation I have heard in a week, maybe a month!

(maybe I need to get out more) lol

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #5   Aug 2, 2005 11:57 pm
Uhhh...thanks Marshal...I think...
robmints

Reply #6   Aug 4, 2005 8:40 pm
Bill, We live in Baltimore.  The trial for the crime below is going on right now.  We have stuff going on here that you would not believe.  Half a million people and 350 murders.  It is unreal.  One little tidbit I find interesting, Prince Georges County MD has more car thefts than all of Virgina.  It's not like PGC is in one area of the country and Virgina is in another.  PGC borders Virginia.  Throw the illegals out, every one of them.  Put the criminals in jail and keep them there.  What is so hard about that?

(CBS/AP) 
Two young relatives were arrested in the deaths of three children found slain, one of them decapitated, in a Baltimore apartment, police said Friday.

At a news conference, police identified the suspects as Adan Espinosa Canela, 17, and Policarpio Espinosa, 22. They are cousins and are related to the victims although it was not immediately clear in what way.

The children were identified as 9-year-old Ricardo Espinoza; his 9-year-old sister, Lucero Quezada; and their 10-year-old cousin, Alexis Quezada, a boy. One child was beheaded, the other two partially beheaded.

"I've been around for 35 years and I've seen, unfortunately, my share of murders, but I've never seen something as bad as this," Deputy Police Commissioner Kenneth Blackwell said earlier.

Blackwell said police followed leads that led them to the pair, and that charges were filed after they were questioned. A "person of interest" who was questioned overnight was not charged.

Blackwell said there is no clear motive in the case. He describes the killings as "an act of someone who obviously has no conscience."

The children were found when one of their mothers returned home from work Thursday. The woman, who speaks Spanish but little English, told a neighbor, who called 911.

"There's blood all over my apartment," a woman said in the 911 call, apparently providing translation for the mother. "They've killed my family!"

The first officer on the scene "couldn't handle it" and had to give the call to another officer, Blackwell said. "Walking in on a scene, seeing children of that tender age in that condition, certainly breaks your heart."

Police found a butcher knife they believe was used in the killings near the apartment where the victims were discovered.

Parents and teachers at the children's school, Cross Country Elementary, hugged each other Friday morning and cried. Officials said grief counselors would be on hand to help the 700 students.

The mother gave police information about where to find the man who was questioned, Blackwell said. Officers stopped him a few blocks from the crime scene.

Blackwell said the man's relationship to the children, if any, was not known but he was an acquaintance of the mother.

The art deco apartment complex is on the edge of a neighborhood of well-tended homes. It is largely Orthodox Jewish, with a mix of white, black and Hispanic residents.

Al Johnson, who lives in the complex, said she heard the mother screaming.

"They were very nice, cordial kids," Johnson said. "It's such a shock to everyone. "It's a very quiet, peaceful community."

İMMIV, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Paula

Reply #7   Aug 5, 2005 8:28 pm
Treat the killers like the rabid animals they are....euthanize them.
mrmom

Reply #8   Aug 5, 2005 10:04 pm
Euthanize is a mild term. Besides, none of them are sick. 'Execute' would be the appropriate terminolgy. Personally, I'd rather hang them by their b*lls then slit their throats and...... er... ahh.... you know what I mean. Oops!..... me bad.
Paula

Reply #9   Aug 5, 2005 10:19 pm
mrmom wrote:
Euthanize is a mild term. Besides, none of them are sick. 'Execute' would be the appropriate terminolgy. Personally, I'd rather hang them by their b*lls then slit their throats and...... er... ahh.... you know what I mean. Oops!..... me bad.

But they are rabid....but I agree...the more painful way to exucute them, the better. 
Replies: 4 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42