Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Anyone use VEIL on their vehicle??

Community Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Anyone use VEIL on their vehicle??
Original Message   Jul 20, 2005 1:01 am
Just wonderin if this stuff really works. I have the Passport X50, but no match for Laser, and bunch of municipalities here just got some new toys.  I'm up in WI alot to, and they just love us folks w/ IL plates and they all have lazer now I think.
Replies: 2 - 11 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Re: Anyone use VEIL on their vehicle??
Reply #2   Jul 20, 2005 10:28 pm
Never heard of it until a few days ago when someone mentioned a coating for license plates.

I just turn on the cloaking device: "Arrghh Dr'rel gaaak Lr"getch" and pull out a bottle of Klingon ale as I drive by invisibly. Have to watch for even faster drivers coming up from behind who will rear end you.  Keep a rear facing photon torpedo tube loaded at all times, and one of those in the rad slows them down, wiping out 50,000 square miles of real estate. As they say "There goes the neighborhood."

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #3   Jul 22, 2005 4:26 pm
Highwind wrote:
Never heard of it until a few days ago when someone mentioned a coating for license plates.

I just turn on the cloaking device: "Arrghh Dr'rel gaaak Lr"getch" and pull out a bottle of Klingon ale as I drive by invisibly. Have to watch for even faster drivers coming up from behind who will rear end you.  Keep a rear facing photon torpedo tube loaded at all times, and one of those in the rad slows them down, wiping out 50,000 square miles of real estate. As they say "There goes the neighborhood."

Good Klingonese Admiral Highwind.  LMAO.

Kevin

This message was modified Jul 22, 2005 by Vangellis

Simplicity Conquest
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #4   Jul 22, 2005 6:08 pm
Well I broke down and bought it anyways, I'll let ya all know how it works out.  Yeah, ya put it on your license plate cover, and headlights, and it makes it hard for laser to get you.  My truck is black also, which is the hardest color to radar.   The advantage of this is, my passport X50 will detect laser, but rite now if it detrects it, you are already busted.  Soooo, this gives you the few extra seconds you need to hit the brakes before they get a reading.  I also ordered a cheap "jammer" to help jam their laser as well.  I've read and been told a V1 detector, or Passport X50, used w/ a jammer, and Veil, makes you almost completely undetectable by laser all together.    Plus I hear its fun to watch the cops smack the side of their gun thinkin it's broken. 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #5   Jul 22, 2005 6:25 pm
Plus I hear its fun to watch the cops smack the side of their gun thinkin it's broken.

Definitely would be the best part.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #6   Jul 23, 2005 11:08 am
I have never used it Bill.  I rely completely on a CB now, I am a big Passport fan but the CB is so effective that I gave it to my parents.

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #7   Jul 24, 2005 1:50 am
Good fun with the cops.  With a little learning from you guys I can enjoy the speed of life. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

mrmom

Reply #8   Jul 24, 2005 8:35 am
So I see you put it on the headlights and license plate cover. What if you don't have a license plate cover? Can you put it on the plate itself?
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #9   Jul 24, 2005 5:22 pm
mrmom wrote:
So I see you put it on the headlights and license plate cover. What if you don't have a license plate cover? Can you put it on the plate itself?

No you need to put it on a cover, it will not work applied to just the plate for some reason.  If you go to a auto part store, you can buy a clear license plate protector for around 3 bucks.
mrmom

Reply #10   Jul 25, 2005 10:19 pm
Being in NJ ( the land of a thousand laws), I wonder if license plate 'protectors' are illegal?
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #11   Jul 25, 2005 10:48 pm
legal in all 48 states so far.
Replies: 2 - 11 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42