Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Anyone use VEIL on their vehicle??

Community Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Anyone use VEIL on their vehicle??
Original Message   Jul 20, 2005 1:01 am
Just wonderin if this stuff really works. I have the Passport X50, but no match for Laser, and bunch of municipalities here just got some new toys.  I'm up in WI alot to, and they just love us folks w/ IL plates and they all have lazer now I think.
Replies: 10 - 19 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mrmom

Re: Anyone use VEIL on their vehicle??
Reply #10   Jul 25, 2005 10:19 pm
Being in NJ ( the land of a thousand laws), I wonder if license plate 'protectors' are illegal?
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #11   Jul 25, 2005 10:48 pm
legal in all 48 states so far.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #12   Jul 30, 2005 1:49 pm
Wow.never heard of such a thing........
I usually drive around 8-10 miles above the speed limit......subscribe to the old saying......"8 you skate, 9 your mine"

Someone told me once that the Gardian angels jump off much over that.....

Maybe i'm a more careful driver with my own vehicles because I can drive a bit different, ( but still safe) when I drive an ambulance or a pumper.  When in those, the rules change a bit.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
mrmom

Reply #13   Jul 31, 2005 10:31 am
BillD,

What's your opinion of Veil so far? Does it work for you? Am thinking of getting it for our trip this summer.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #14   Jul 31, 2005 6:28 pm
Bill, get out there and haul ass past those troopers buddy. Let us know if it works.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #15   Jul 31, 2005 7:11 pm
mrmom wrote:
BillD,

What's your opinion of Veil so far? Does it work for you? Am thinking of getting it for our trip this summer.

I just put it on today, so I dont have any results yet.  YTou will def need a good radar/laser detector to.  I have the Passport X50.  This will get you about 6-7 seconds of them trying to lazer you, and your detector will alert you they are trying.  Usually as soon as you get a lazer beep on your detector, thjey already have you.  In less than a 1/10th of a second is all it takes.  It was tricky to put on, w/ no streaks, I practiced on an headlamp I had lyi8ng around 1st.  I'll let ya know this week how it works, as I get on the highway, and see. 
mrmom

Reply #16   Aug 1, 2005 8:27 am
How long did it take for shipping? Will probably order it today and go pick up a plate cover as well. It should work well with the Valentine one.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #17   Aug 1, 2005 1:31 pm
MrMom, do you have the Valentine1???   That is supposed to be the best detector on the market, hands down.  I received the Veil in about 2-3 days from date of ordering.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #18   Aug 1, 2005 1:43 pm
mrmom

Reply #19   Aug 1, 2005 2:01 pm
Bill, have had the V1 now for about 5 years. Got it as a valentine's gift for my wife after she came home one February day with a speeding ticket. She did not know how to react (he he he) so I said just give it a little time to get used to and if you don't like it, I'll use it.  Yeah right! Of course it now stays in the minivan (my ride).

Just sent it in last week for an 'upgrade'. Absolutely love it! The bogey counter and directional arrows are awesome.

Am currently getting ready for a disney trip with the family this month so am looking at Veil and the laser shield. See what happens.

Here's a LINK to a video they did of Veil and other related stuff. Apparently it is 60 megs so I am typing this as it is being downloaded.

Can't wait!

-Patrick-

Replies: 10 - 19 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42