Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Important reminder: Clean your laundry vent hose.

Community Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Important reminder: Clean your laundry vent hose.
Original Message   Jun 24, 2005 11:58 pm
O.K., I'm usually very good about this doing it once a year, but w/ more kids now, and the wife doin more laundry than ever, I almost had a disaster tonight.  Luckily happened while I was up and we all smelled it rite away.(Sometimes my wife has loads drying well into the non waking hours), No more of that.  Well to make a long story short exhaust pipe somehow got kinked a little bit, we think when exterminator was here last month and moved the dryer back further than it was, and a clog developed very rapidly.  Like I said I change this thing once a year, now it will be every 6 months like I change the smoke alarm batteries(Which I do at the time changes, 2X a year).  We have 2 dryers now, one is brand new and suppoosedly has an auto shut-off if exhaust has restriction, BUT the one that clogged tonight was the older model and it did catch fire, luckily really no damage, just a really scary situation, that could of easily been catastrophic. 

Sooooo, just a reminder go clean out, and replace your flex hose now, if you haven't recently. 

Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Re: Important reminder: Clean your laundry vent hose.
Reply #11   Jun 26, 2005 7:42 pm
All in fun, Mr. Mom...all in fun. 
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42