Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Important reminder: Clean your laundry vent hose.

Community Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Important reminder: Clean your laundry vent hose.
Original Message   Jun 24, 2005 11:58 pm
O.K., I'm usually very good about this doing it once a year, but w/ more kids now, and the wife doin more laundry than ever, I almost had a disaster tonight.  Luckily happened while I was up and we all smelled it rite away.(Sometimes my wife has loads drying well into the non waking hours), No more of that.  Well to make a long story short exhaust pipe somehow got kinked a little bit, we think when exterminator was here last month and moved the dryer back further than it was, and a clog developed very rapidly.  Like I said I change this thing once a year, now it will be every 6 months like I change the smoke alarm batteries(Which I do at the time changes, 2X a year).  We have 2 dryers now, one is brand new and suppoosedly has an auto shut-off if exhaust has restriction, BUT the one that clogged tonight was the older model and it did catch fire, luckily really no damage, just a really scary situation, that could of easily been catastrophic. 

Sooooo, just a reminder go clean out, and replace your flex hose now, if you haven't recently. 

Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42