Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Poll: So, Where do you go for the family Vacation??

Community Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Poll: So, Where do you go for the family Vacation??
Original Message   Jun 20, 2005 11:42 am
Now that it seems that vacation time is starting, I just wondered what all of our good friends here so for vacation........
We have people here from all over the U.S. and Canada, so we may get some interesting responses.
It's funny how people will travel hours to see what may be in our own back yard.

For instance, I'm less then 40 miles away from Niagara Falls, but hardly ever go there.

As for our plans,  we usually stick around the home during the summer, working on the house, pool, etc. 
Our vacation seems to be more in January/ Febuary, when we try to book a cruise to get away from our brutal western NY winter.

You do not need to get too specific, but it might be interesting to see about where you all go, how far, how long, etc....
Do you camp, fly, go see mickey, etc,etc.
Do you take more day trips, or do the "grand, big vacation" thing.....

Basically, what do you do to make that great, "Family Memory"............

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: Poll: So, Where do you go for the family Vacation??
Reply #14   Jun 21, 2005 8:27 pm
yes Nova Scotia is part of Canada but we are considered to be a have not province so we kinda get screwed by some other parts of the picture.

however we do get a lot of friends visiting

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #15   Jun 21, 2005 8:55 pm
Some of the Nova Scotia roads are like rough wagon trials... !     ...bounce... bounce... bounce...

...but... some great scenery !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #16   Jun 22, 2005 12:09 am
That I didn't know.  That's why I enjoy trucks that are off the ground a bit.  It doesn't change my decision a bit. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #17   Jun 22, 2005 7:09 am
Dave___in___CT wrote:
Some of the Nova Scotia roads are like rough wagon trials... !     ...bounce... bounce... bounce...

...but... some great scenery !

Dave...

Yes you are so very true!  The roads around here are like glorfied logging roads in some areas, in other areas it's a hazard just to think about taking the horse and buggy through.  Seriously though, I have heard a lot of tourists say that they will not come back to NS because of the road conditions.  Especially those on motorcycles, they say it's like dodge ball.  I heard a police officer refer to the 100 series highway in our area as a patchwork quilt.  Going home yesterday along the LaHave River, we got to experience some of the patchwork - the guys paved 20 or so feet, skipped 20 or so feet and paved a little more, and so on.  But I think the scenery makes up for the torture of the roads, so if any of you decide to come to this way for a visit, let us know, we'd be glad to meet up with you.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #18   Jun 22, 2005 8:37 pm
Hi...

I 1st zeroed in on Novia Scotia because it was advertised as a great place for a motorcycle trip... But... we took the pickup truck with a slide-in camper on it...

Found "the best" campground restroom in Novia Scotia... a pleasent surprise !  

...was a chore finding liquor stores though... to buy beer / wine...

Don't worry... I do not drink then drive... I drink then sleep ! 

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

mrmom

Reply #19   Jun 23, 2005 10:21 pm
We normally go to St. Thomas in the US VIrgin Islands coz my father-in-law is from there. There is a house and a car so it is convenient. Usually airfare is cheap during the summer months but this year it is not so hence we will be doing the proverbial long drive to Orlando Florida (Disney)... 1200 miles... from where we are. It will be with wifey, mother-in-law and the three little pigs... errr... ahhh.... I meant the three little kids. 7, 5 and 2. I can hear it now..... "are we there yet?"

Lord help me!

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #20   Jun 23, 2005 10:39 pm
mrmom wrote:
We normally go to St. Thomas in the US VIrgin Islands coz my father-in-law is from there. There is a house and a car so it is convenient. Usually airfare is cheap during the summer months but this year it is not so hence we will be doing the proverbial long drive to Orlando Florida (Disney)... 1200 miles... from where we are. It will be with wifey, mother-in-law and the three little pigs... errr... ahhh.... I meant the three little kids. 7, 5 and 2. I can hear it now..... "are we there yet?"

Lord help me!

Are we to Wally World yet dad?

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #21   Jun 23, 2005 11:04 pm
We did Disneyworld a few years ago and loved it.
I waited until our youngest was about 7 or 8.......would not want to drag any kids younger then that, but then perhaps you are much more patient then I am.
The main parks are awesome, but exausting.
We spent every other day at the water parks....free admission with the Disney pass.......so we had one busy day, one relaxing day at Blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon, then another busy day, etc,etc.
The BEST advice I can give you is this.........
GO BUY THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO DISNEYWORLD.  It is worth it's weight in gold!!!!!
It gives TONS of good hints, tips, etc to make the vacation great.  Without that guide you are walking in there ignorant and blind.

Enjoy!  Also,take a few extra days off...... plan on needing a vacation after your vacation.......

My youngest is now a junior in High school........next time we do disney it will just be Jane and I........no kids..priceless!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
robmints

Reply #22   Jun 25, 2005 11:14 pm
snowshoveller,
Thanks for the invite. How far is the Bay of Fundy? Always wanted to watch the tide.

Frank,
As an every year thing, with the whole crew, we go to the Delaware Shore. Town called Fenwick Island (not an island), rent a house on the beach. Very nice. Lots of places like it from Maine to Carolina, but Delaware is a short drive and has what we like. In the winter, Sweety and I like Paradise Island. Four hours from home and tourist trappy enough to have everything we want. Haven't been in a few years, and the Atlantis might have changed the whole place, butt it was nice when we went, and we would go back.
mrmom

Reply #23   Jun 26, 2005 6:19 pm
Thanks Frank for the heads-up on the guide. Will definitely look into it.

Robmints, how far is Fenwick from the Lewes/Rehoboth area? How would it compare?

Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42