Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Poll: So, Where do you go for the family Vacation??

Community Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Poll: So, Where do you go for the family Vacation??
Original Message   Jun 20, 2005 11:42 am
Now that it seems that vacation time is starting, I just wondered what all of our good friends here so for vacation........
We have people here from all over the U.S. and Canada, so we may get some interesting responses.
It's funny how people will travel hours to see what may be in our own back yard.

For instance, I'm less then 40 miles away from Niagara Falls, but hardly ever go there.

As for our plans,  we usually stick around the home during the summer, working on the house, pool, etc. 
Our vacation seems to be more in January/ Febuary, when we try to book a cruise to get away from our brutal western NY winter.

You do not need to get too specific, but it might be interesting to see about where you all go, how far, how long, etc....
Do you camp, fly, go see mickey, etc,etc.
Do you take more day trips, or do the "grand, big vacation" thing.....

Basically, what do you do to make that great, "Family Memory"............

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 4 - 13 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Poll: So, Where do you go for the family Vacation??
Reply #4   Jun 20, 2005 2:39 pm
It's been a while since the family and I went on a vacation.  We usually go to Rehoboth Beach or a beach close by.  I'll hopefully get to Jersey this year, but we'll see. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #5   Jun 20, 2005 8:44 pm
My vacation is doin' the work I really enjoy... a day or two at a time... here at home... and especially trips to my lot in Vt to mow & work...(when the grass is less than 24" tall !... LOL...)

Last  "real vacation" was 2 years ago...  2 weeks with girlfriend and camper to Canada... Prince Edward Island... and around the perimeter of Nova Scotia...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #6   Jun 20, 2005 10:32 pm
I have to agree with Dave....just getting out of the city, little city that it is...feels like a mini vacation to me.  My sister lives further out in the country and I find myself relaxing the further out in the country I get ....I love the smell of the hay, especially after its been freshly cut. 

I get away up north once in a while and I enjoy that very much...a little cabin on 80 acres and lots of trails to explore.  The stars seem so much brighter up there too....just fill the sky at night. 

Someplace I've always wanted to go is Scotland....I love the history of the place and beautiful old stone buildings.  The land is such rich, dark color.  Ireland would be second.  Someday. 

Paula

AJace

Reply #7   Jun 21, 2005 12:23 am
Paula wrote:

I get away up north once in a while and I enjoy that very much...a little cabin on 80 acres and lots of trails to explore.  The stars seem so much brighter up there too....just fill the sky at night. 

I would enjoy that kind of vacation 

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #8   Jun 21, 2005 1:39 am
I get  out to LV once or twice a year, justr for 2-3 days.   Also get a quick one dayer if one of my horses is runnin out of state.  Havent been able to get away as a family for 7-8 years now.  Always a new baby, or this or that goin on w/ my others that ya just cant find the time.  We are thinkin of tryin' to do Disney this fall, but I dont know if there is enough Valium on the planet to get me through it.  I would be lettin 5  wild animals loose in a park w/ nice people. 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #9   Jun 21, 2005 7:21 am
Paula wrote:

You're already up north. 
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #10   Jun 21, 2005 1:41 pm
North of north, of course...
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #11   Jun 21, 2005 5:13 pm
I like to do some camping in the summer.

This year I'll be meeting my family around where the red dot is below "Cochrane".  They come from the western side of the province and I live on the eastern side.

This message was modified Jun 21, 2005 by Highwind

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #12   Jun 21, 2005 8:04 pm
gee whizz...

dont you people know ...i mean dont you know that Nova Scotia is just the best place to visit  there ever was.

we do have the good beer here and it is actually starting to get almost warm out now ,i can work outside now in a t-shirt and not freeze.

and this evening sherri and i planted a bunch of stuff in our vegitable garden,first time i have ever had one and im no farmer but i have pretty good soil and some good equipment so maybe with the help of the groop here i will have some fresh vegies.

later chris .

PS anyone from the forum is welcome to come and visit,i think we have a great bunch of folks here and we would appreciate any friends visit.

just ask  Buttlint how much fun his family and he  had when they came to visit,wow did he ever catch some big bass while at the lake.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
AJace

Reply #13   Jun 21, 2005 8:23 pm
I'll have to agree, it is very nice up there.  I would like to get up to Canada sometime, the Ontario area.  I maybe dumb, but isn't Nova Scotia part of Canada?

Replies: 4 - 13 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42