Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Pale orange bugs on Linden tree leaves

Community Discussions

Search For:
AmberLynn

Mow Mow Mow

Pale orange bugs on Linden tree leaves
Original Message   Jun 13, 2005 4:43 pm
I bought a Linden tree from our club for a great price on last week- But is infected with pale orange bugs on the underside of the leaves. The tree is otherwise very healthy.I sprayed it with dormant oil & a little rubbing alchol that night. The next day it seemed like that did nothing. Yesterday I hosed it off very good. But they don't come off this way. I plan on spraying again tommorow- Looking for any suggestions- Thanks
This message was modified Jun 13, 2005 by AmberLynn

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Emmo

Re: Pale orange bugs on Linden tree leaves
Reply #1   Jun 13, 2005 5:09 pm
Hi AmberLynn and welcome to the forum.

You may want to repost your question under the "Community Chat" forum heading........

This area (Help and Support) is for those people having technical troubles (computer-wise) with Abbys forum.

We don't really have a "green thumb" forum but if you post it under the community chat forum, I bet there will be a couple of people with some ideas.

I would recommend spraying the tree with something like sevin or malathion or another insecticide appropriate for trees.  Dormant oil needs to be used in the dormant growing season (ie very late fall thru very early spring), alcohol really doesn't do much for killing bugs that I know of. 

Hope this helps, and there will probably be someone smarter than me coming along and giving you some advice.

Welcome!

Emmo
This message was modified Jun 13, 2005 by Emmo
robmints

Reply #2   Jun 13, 2005 6:31 pm
Amber,
You may want to contact your local extension service or garden center. Both should be helpful. Bugs can do a lot of damage very quickly.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Jun 13, 2005 10:03 pm
Dear Amberlynn,
I concur with Emmo............I use both sevin and methalthilon (bad spelling, but you know what i'm speaking of I hope)  There are very good instructions on both.  First find out what those "pale orange bugs" really are, then you can look on the directions to see which one of the two work better on your "bug"
Good luck!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42