Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Aplogy for my abscence...

Community Discussions

Search For:
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Aplogy for my abscence...
Original Message   May 12, 2005 8:01 pm
Hi everyone,

I aplologize for not being at this site very much in the recent weeks/months... especially to the other moderators... Thank you for being here... !

I'm not here as often as I wish... and do miss reading all the posts... and replying once in a while...

I've been concentrating on finding work (that pays!)... and I started a local four-month SAP/ABAP programming assignment this week...  finally !!!   ( still have bills to pay ! )

Also... I've been doing spring-time outdoor work... planting a garden... yard work... went to Vermont for several days to fix the damaged garage shelter (all fixed!)... mowed the ~ 3 acres there with the old Gravely garden tractor (enjoyed that !)... planted fruit trees and raspberry bushes... other work... and sadly attended my edlery Uncle's funeral there 2 weeks before...

Been really busy for not having a full-time job !    LOL...  Where's the time go ?    

Squeezing in a few minutes here now... the new temporary job takes most of the day... weekends are busy too...

So... apology given... may be better here without me so much anyway !  .....

Sincerely,

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Re: Aplogy for my abscence...
Reply #7   May 14, 2005 6:56 am
Dave---Very sorry to hear about your uncle.  Also, wanted to say we missed you on the forum.  We appreciate your comments and information.  Glad you are working and want to wish you the best.    For the rest of the moderators,  you are all the best.   Also want to let you all know my Doctor,s are letting me work a little more---I am able to spray my pecan trees and do light work around the place.  They still won,t let me use a chain saw or pole saw---need to do some trimming but it will wait.---May the Almighty God of Heaven watch of you, your families, now and always----Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #8   May 14, 2005 10:52 am
Thanks folks... !

Fruit trees... planted four varieties of apples in memory of my son Matt...

They should do well in Vermont... the lot has/had a few old apple trees that have seen better days... lost two of them the past year due to age... so I figure it's time for new growth !

Finished the 1st week at the new job... went very well... nice people there... nice working at a paying job again !

Will... glad hearing your successes !

Thanks again...

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #9   May 14, 2005 10:58 am
Dave,

Nice to hear you have some paying work. I pray that you you will make contact with someone who will give you full time work. Hang in there, it will get better.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #10   May 14, 2005 2:03 pm
As long as it pays the bills and allows you to get toys, then your doing allright.     
Pecanman, great to hear about this thorough recovery your making.  The longer you wait to use that pole saw, the more you'll want it, and then more fun will be had.    

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #11   May 14, 2005 2:18 pm
Thank all of you so much---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #12   May 14, 2005 7:41 pm
Highwind wrote:
Dave,

Nice to hear you have some paying work. I pray that you you will make contact with someone who will give you full time work. Hang in there, it will get better.

Thanks folks...

Sometimes life takes you where you would never choose to go... I do mean never choose... especially illness and death...

Life is "ups" and "downs"... good and not-so-good... highs and lows... sometimes just not understandable... sometimes sooo wonderful... It's a great experience... isn't it ?

Wiill is experiencing an unexpected not-chosen experience now... as I am...  and some/all of you have experienced or are experiencing too... hopefully... it is for the good ! Yeah... it is...    Isn't it ?   We live... we grow...

I hope for the best... and try to prepare for the worst...

...and strive to keep a smile and good thoughts even in the hardest times.. and try to stay conscious and appreciate  the moments at hand...

And YES !  I do contemplate another OPE purchase !     heee....... heeee... !   

The Gravely mowin' monster is old... I've been checkin' out zero-turns on and off for a year +++... and other mowing tractors...  I enjoy it... and it may be possible to buy after I add to my cash  reserve to live on... and the Gravely shows signs it wants to retire...  

I do very complicated things for the paying job... but do enjoy the most simple things in life... and extend this enjoyment to complicated things like OPE !   LOL...

Anyway... just in from planting tomato and pepper plants... a couple herb plants... and eggpant for the 1st time (girlfriend's choice!)...

It was a nice day !

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #13   May 14, 2005 8:29 pm
Dave

I like that..."staying conscious"....I think that is what it is all about...leaving yourself out there to continue to experience life to the fullest, even after having gone through some really rough stuff.  Very neat stuff Dave.  And you think you weren't missed??  

Congrats on the job Dave. 

Paula

Termy

Reply #14   May 14, 2005 8:41 pm
Dave... No apology is required. All I want you to do is get better ok? Living life to the fullest sounds like a good idea to me aswell!

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #15   May 15, 2005 8:32 am
hey Dave...

you are planting a couple of herbs now are you...hmm i think i see a way for you to finance that new zero turn

good luck with all things that matter to you my friend.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #16   May 15, 2005 11:45 am
T-20...

Thanks for the "get better" wish... luckily I have nothing to get better from...     

"Herbs" for $$$...   LOL...

Actually... the ~3 acre lot was part of a farm... cornfield probably back then... hayfield for past 20 years... flat... mostly clear... and good looking soil...

Herbs... vegetables... whatever... may be in the cards for this parcel... for my own use... or maybe earn a few $$$... I enjoy gardening... organic style... nothin' like fresh-from-the-garden... !     I see opportunities to acquire more farming/gardening tools/machines ! heee.... he....

Dave...

Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42