Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Aliens Movie

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

Aliens Movie
Original Message   May 8, 2005 4:52 pm
How many here like the Aliens movie? Here is a drawing I did when I was younger...

Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Termy

Re: Aliens Movie
Reply #3   May 8, 2005 10:45 pm
And I have a few more to show you...

I tried my best in middle school to draw that 50's Chevy that my teacher had us draw

buttlint

Reply #4   May 9, 2005 8:23 pm
Termy....
That's pretty good stuff!
I am not exactly the Abbeys art critic...but you seem too have a talent for strong lines and good color control.
I know that you may think this pretty old school stuff, but the surrealist of the 40's, 50's and 60's might interest you.
There was a guy named Joan Miro...whose art may or may not make any sense too you....but he also had a knack with line and color.
A couple of artists I used too like from the surrealists movement were Max Ernst and Salvador Dali. There are others....equally talented....but they are a good place too start.
It's all good.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #5   May 9, 2005 9:04 pm
I'm getting better every day, just don't know where I'm going?

Termy

Reply #6   May 10, 2005 7:48 pm
Marshall, that is your zombie friends! They came from hell, what is hell you ask? Its sniffmysharpie.com

buttlint

Reply #7   May 10, 2005 10:17 pm
T.
Marshall only draws things as he see them.
He is working hard on his drawings....and we should not make fun of him.
There are all types of different styles of art. There are many variations on each style. We all have different life experiences, and we all have different ways of expressing ourselves.
And we all have too remember that no art style is superior too any other. Who is too say that the early cave drawings have any less "quality" than a Mona Liza that was produced centuries later?
Was Mike Angelo a better painter than Andy Warhol or Mark Rothko?  Was Roy Lictenstein just an overblown cartoonist? Did Vinny Van Gogh cut off his ear over some silly little c*unt?
I dont think so!
So........I have a personal like for the art of George Sir-rat. (He was the father of "Pointilism".) He was considered freakin' nuts in the eyes of his contemporaries. He believed that he could break down painting...into a mathimatical and orderly system of color division....and produce something that was pleasing too the eye. (A hundred years ago!) He produced paintings that were meant too veiwed from a distance....so that the colored dots would blend both visually and psychologically  too form a realistic image. (Just like viewing a monitor in different resolutions.)
One of his most famous paintings is "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of the Grande Jatte". (It is in the Chicago Institute of Arts.)

So let's not be raggin' on Marshalls drawings.....You may not like my style either....but nobody should feel ashamed too post a self portrait...And here is mine.

(Stand back 15 feet from your monitor...and its a perfect likeness!)  later, 'lint.
Marshall

Reply #8   May 10, 2005 10:56 pm
Well Sir Lint, I thank you for understanding of the arts and your broad mined nature in dealing with the canvas and those whom covet it.

I have always enjoyed Victorian era art work as well as Pre-Raphaelite art which was inspired by medieval and renaissance painters up to and including Raphael. You know, their inspiration first came from the bible as well as history and poems. However, it didn't take long for subjects in modern life to be used which were rooted in realism and truth to nature. It became distinctive for it's blend of archaic, romantic and moralistic qualities.

J.W. Waterhouse has some fine art that captures the essence of the time in history as I explained above. Here are some examples of his beautiful work.

This message was modified May 10, 2005 by Marshall
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #9   May 10, 2005 11:39 pm
Termie

There is some really neat stuff there.  I am not an art expert by any stretch of the imagination but I like that way you draw, though the content is not something i would go for.....I think Lint hit it dead on with the surreal art period he is recommending to you....I can see some of the 'surreal' in your art...almost like looking through a window that skews thing but in a logical way, if that makes any sense.  I especially like that pencil drawing of the car. 

My youngest daughter draws...and I notice she kind of wavers between the logical/by-the-book/step-by-step stuff and drawing what she sees in her own mind.  It will be interesting to see what direction she goes with it.  I encourage her of course because I think its a neat talent and could go in many directions.  

Lint

That picture you posted was interesting...but there is something too precise about it for me......but, again, I am a total plebian about art...I know very little about periods, styles, etc....I just know when I see something, whether it strikes a chord, draws me to it or stirs my emotions, even if its disturbing or uncomfortable.  

Marshall

Very interesting time period....I like the softness of the lines...the way the colors blend and the rich colors they use. 

Very interesting thread ....and a bit humbling.....speaking of rennaisance ...

And now I better go before someone tries to take my temperature for sounding so sweet and all...

Paula

Termy

Reply #10   May 11, 2005 3:44 am
Guys, if you right click on Marshall's drawing and look at its properties you will find where it comes from which is where I got my zombie and sniffmysharpie information.

Marshall and I are good friends, he knows I am not trying to affend him so please do not accuse me of doing so.
This message was modified May 11, 2005 by Termy

buttlint

Reply #11   May 11, 2005 7:59 am
Marshall,

Nice t*ts!
This message was modified May 11, 2005 by a moderator
Marshall

Reply #12   May 11, 2005 9:09 am
Boy Termy, I can't get anything past you! 
Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42