Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Christmas Dinner?

Community Discussions

Search For:
hickster

Christmas Dinner?
Original Message   Dec 26, 2004 4:55 am
What did you all have?

Mmm, crab legs...big 'uns! (stick-o-butter for scale)

...and had smoked salmon for breakfast!

God, I love Alaska!

hickster

This message was modified Dec 26, 2004 by hickster

Weather outlook for the "Anchorage bowl"

Blower      HS928TA 
Mower      HRR216PDA 
Washer    Excell XR2700 (6.5 Honda-GX/AR-2700psi/3gpm) 
Trimmer   John Deere (Homelite clone)
Saw         Husky 141 

Replies: 12 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
xydcxrwjj

CAT,S NAME IS SCOOTER
SHE CAT,S NAME IF FLUFFY

Re: Christmas Dinner?---By WILL
Reply #12   Dec 28, 2004 9:14 am
Never eaten any crab legs but they look good to me. Raised up in South Louisiana where crabs, shrimp,crawfish, catfish is a standard diet. My wife,and I do tell here all the time, she is the best cook in the world, she cooked- a Turkey breast, ham, dressing, fruit salad, candied yams, snap beans, potato salad, corn, plus cakes, and you name it for desert. I ate a little too much and have been working on the left overs. Wish you all a Happy New Year and may the Almighty God let us see another one. Your friend---Will

WILL
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Christmas Dinner?
Reply #13   Dec 28, 2004 10:33 am
Will,

I bet Scooter would like those Crab legs.

xydcxrwjj

CAT,S NAME IS SCOOTER
SHE CAT,S NAME IF FLUFFY

Re: Christmas Dinner?--by Will sometimes called something else
Reply #14   Dec 28, 2004 11:32 am
Marshall---He is a bad cat. Pretty day down in northeast Louisiana, have had 6 freezes in a row(we are not used to that) but it is warming up. Warm enough to work outside so I took my deck off my Oldest (828 MTD) and , wire brushing, cleaning it up good, primer painting it, putting one new belt and sharpening the blades. No grass not but it will be. Bless all of you---Will

WILL
robmints

Reply #15   Jan 1, 2005 6:17 pm
Hickster,
Every New Years Eve we have king crab legs, but this year we got delayed a day due to work. But the cookies are out and the legs are ready to go in. At 16.99 a pound we don't have the 5 pound spread you had but they sure look good.

I hope you are getting some snow to go with the great food. It's the middle of winter, and I swear it was 70 degrees here today.
Majorxlr8n

Reply #16   Jan 2, 2005 3:08 am
Those crab legs look delicious! I haven't had 'em since summer. Usually plentiful here in NJ...

Had ham with brown sugar/orange juice/pineapple glaze, lasagna, spinach, string bean casserole with Durkee Onions on top (my FAVE!), corn, smashed potatoes, fresh italian bread, pickled artechokes, shoo-fly pie (dad's fave), home made cookies & struffoli.

"FAT" Marty

xydcxrwjj

CAT,S NAME IS SCOOTER
SHE CAT,S NAME IF FLUFFY

Reply #17   Jan 2, 2005 5:00 pm
Marty---You make me hungry. Man, this Christmas and New Years feasts have been something. Expecially, when you have a cook that is something else. Glazed ham, mashed potatoes---I am ready to go again. Bless you all---your friend--Will----sometimes called xydcxrejj--got a dog called Devon

WILL
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #18   Jan 2, 2005 5:21 pm
Marty

What is shoo-fly pie?

A couple of years ago, our family decided to break with tradition (although after reading this, I've got a hankering for some glazed ham) and do something different every year....last year it was at my sister's and we had Italian. This year, it was at my house and I cooked Mexican food....We had taco salad, tacos and tosadas (make my own shells) with all the fixings, guacamole, taco dip, pico de giao (sp?), artichoke dip (my sister's specialty...she makes it jalapenos and it is delicious!), trays of candies and cookies and then, for dessert, cheesecake with strawberries I had picked last year and frozen.

Paula

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #19   Jan 2, 2005 6:24 pm
Marty

What is shoo-fly pie?

A couple of years ago, our family decided to break with tradition (although after reading this, I've got a hankering for some glazed ham) and do something different every year....last year it was at my sister's and we had Italian. This year, it was at my house and I cooked Mexican food....We had taco salad, tacos and tosadas (make my own shells) with all the fixings, guacamole, taco dip, pico de giao (sp?), artichoke dip (my sister's specialty...she makes it jalapenos and it is delicious!), trays of candies and cookies and then, for dessert, cheesecake with strawberries I had picked last year and frozen.

Paula

Paula, there appears to be a variety of recipes for it but here you go.........Berks Pennsylvania Shoo Fly Pies

Majorxlr8n

Reply #20   Jan 3, 2005 1:40 am
Marty

What is shoo-fly pie?

Paula

Paula,

Shoo-fly pie is a molasses/crumb pie that is moderately sweet. Your fillings don't fall out after taking a bite! Its real popular with the Amish folk in Pennsylvania. I usually get a few when my wife & I make a trek out there. Dutch Haven is the store where we buy them (on Rt 30) - they have the best shoo-fly pie found in the Lancaster area IMO.

Marty

This message was modified Jan 3, 2005 by Majorxlr8n

jogo

Reply #21   Jan 3, 2005 10:59 am
I bet if ya saved one, ya could use it to clean out the chute on the blower when it clogs up

Red Max EB78001 blower
Echo PB1000 blower
Sears ? blower
Sears 16" chainsaw
John Deere STX38
Murray 21" push mower
Echo SRM1501 weed wacker
Excell/Honda pressure washer
Ariens 11528
Replies: 12 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42