Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > So, what do Canadians have to be proud of?

Community Discussions

Search For:
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

So, what do Canadians have to be proud of?
Original Message   Mar 27, 2005 7:00 am
1. Smarties
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down
4. Baseball is Canadian
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass
10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ass
11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure..
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.
13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere.
14. Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.
16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.
18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.
22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
23. A Canadian invented Superman.
BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!
Oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.
I AM CANADIAN!!!

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: So, what do Canadians have to be proud of?
Reply #4   Mar 27, 2005 1:36 pm
Yea but, America has Triumph The Insult Comic Dog..........

NBC.Conan O'Brian.Triumph video clips.

Bits and pieces from Triumphs tour to Quebec City........

"You're French and Canadian? That means you're obnoxious and dumb?"

"I can tell you are French -- I can smell your crotch from here."

"You're in North America -- learn the language."

"Are you separatists? Listen carefully: Do you hear that? It's the sound of nobody giving a crap."

"Are you a separatist? Maybe you should try separating yourself from doughnuts first."

"I only know the basic French expressions -- like, 'I surrender.' "

French language street signs in Quebec City were replaced with English signs reading, "Rue de Pussies" and "Celine Dion Sucks Street."

Bonhomme du Carnival, the smiley snowman Triumph called a "corporate whore" and "the Michelin Man's gay cousin."

Triumph finally persuaded an ice sculptor to add a snow likeness of a dog humping a reclining Bonhomme. "Your tax dollars at work, Canada!"

"For me to Poop On!"

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #5   Mar 28, 2005 7:44 pm
Hey Lint? 

Why does Mister Rogers look like he is possessed?  Or Stoned?  Or both? 

Paula

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #6   Mar 29, 2005 12:45 pm
Triumph.....one of the best! I remember a couple years ago at some awards
show he asked J. LO if he could, "sniff her butt". She looked very miffed at the
cigar smoking canine. Man, no sense of humor.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
buttlint

Reply #7   Mar 29, 2005 7:52 pm
Paula,
Fred had a checkered past.

Back in the mid-60's Fred and I formed a band called "The Gemplers".  (Neil Young, Tom Conner, and Buffy St. Marie were the other members of the group.)  Fred and Neil did most of the song writing and we were pretty popular around the Pittsburg after-hours spots.

Fred wrote some of his best stuff while he was a "Gempler".
"It's Such a Good Feeling", "You're Growing" and "You Can Never Go Down the Drain" were written during that time.  Fred and Neil collaborated on, "You are Special" and "I Like to Take My Time".  (I actually wrote "Everybody's Fancy", but I lost it to Fred in a poker game.)

We were doing well until Al "Speedy Delivery" McFeely joined the band.  Al was deep into Amphetamines... and soon had Freddy eating Yellow Jackets like M&M's.  The speed sent Fred off on all kinds of creative directions and before the rest of us knew what was happening, he was writing crap for groups like The 1910 Fruitgum Company and the Monkees, just too get McFeely off his back.

Needless too say... the Rogers-McFeely alliance pretty much broke up the group.
Tom stuck around for awhile but wound up in Kentucky singing honky-tonk with a knocked-up Celine Dion.
Neil hooked up with some old pals and started another group.
Buffy and I stayed together for couple of years, living in Andy Warhols loft.

Fred cracked and spent some time doing rehab in the Berkshires, where he met the love of his life, Joanne Worley.  Joanne and her friend, Artie Johnson, helped turn Fred on to religion.  (The best thing to happen to him!)  The rest is history.  Sure he had his ups and downs... and I know he had some relapses on the way.  (The red eyes were always a dead give away.)

Fred Rogers will always be etched into the hearts of everyone that had the privilage of knowing him.
As far as Al 'Speedy Delivery" McFeely goes... I hope he roasts in Hell!

(Sorry for the rant.)
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #8   Mar 29, 2005 9:00 pm
Linty, my little shroom-munching, woodstock marvel..
I have a few questions, comments, etc...if you will just bear with me here...
Fred had a checkered past.
I also heard Fred had checkers in his past...in fact compulsively gambled over checkers...to the point of having to enslave all the lovable characters (with the exception of McFeely who already was a little too feely with Bob Dog) of the whole Neighborhood of Make Believe into degrading and dispicable acts to pay for his love of those red and black plastic pieces...Lady Elaine and Mayor Maggie were forced into being dancers at the Topless Polka bar, the Owl had to get a job on the Harry Potter set delivering mail, Chef Brockett wound up having to cook tofu dishes for Suzanne Somers and Lady Aberlin wound up working the complaint counter at K-Mart.

Back in the mid-60's Fred and I formed a band called "The Gemplers".  (Neil Young, Tom Conner, and Buffy St. Marie were the other members of the group.)  Fred and Neil did most of the song writing and we were pretty popular around the Pittsburg after-hours spots.
Did the name come from where Mr. Roger's purchased his trademark fashionable sweaters? 

Fred wrote some of his best stuff while he was a "Gempler".
"It's Such a Good Feeling", "You're Growing" and "You Can Never Go Down the Drain" were written during that time.  Fred and Neil collaborated on, "You are Special" and "I Like to Take My Time".  (I actually wrote "Everybody's Fancy", but I lost it to Fred in a poker game.)
Ahhh...my personal favorite...You can never go down the drain....we partied to that many a time in college, crawling home still singing "You're bigger than the water, you're bigger than the soap"....ahh...fond memories

We were doing well until Al "Speedy Delivery" McFeely joined the band.  Al was deep into Amphetamines... and soon had Freddy eating Yellow Jackets like M&M's.  The speed sent Fred off on all kinds of creative directions and before the rest of us knew what was happening, he was writing crap for groups like The 1910 Fruitgum Company and the Monkees, just too get McFeely off his back.
Unfurtonately, I think his checkers addiction may have played a role in this as well....always that drive for just 'one more crown'...

Needless too say... the Rogers-McFeely alliance pretty much broke up the group.
Tom stuck around for awhile but wound up in Kentucky singing honky-tonk with a knocked-up Celine Dion.
Poor Tom....bet he was so sick of hearing about Celine and her baby, the guy probably off'ed himself...
Neil hooked up with some old pals and started another group.
Yeah...knew the guy would never make it on his own.
Buffy and I stayed together for couple of years, living in Andy Warhols loft.
Ahh...those first loves...bittersweet, aren't they?  But they just never seem to last....last I heard, we could see Buffy Doing Bob Dog and Bob's dog...

Fred cracked and spent some time doing rehab in the Berkshires, where he met the love of his life, Joanne Worley.  Joanne and her friend, Artie Johnson, helped turn Fred on to religion.  (The best thing to happen to him!)  The rest is history.  Sure he had his ups and downs... and I know he had some relapses on the way.  (The red eyes were always a dead give away.)
Perhaps Fred was the inspriration for those insurance commercials and hospital beds for home? 

Fred Rogers will always be etched into the hearts of everyone that had the privilage of knowing him.
As far as Al 'Speedy Delivery" McFeely goes... I hope he roasts in Hell!
Ahhh Speedy....heard he hooked up with Speedy Gonzalez and they are marketing a new line of diet pills called "Undalay, Fat away'....but the FDA is investigating them for fraud, because of their claim that their diet pills contain all natural, raw ingredients...when in truth, they're a cooked concoction of who knows what!  Don't worry Lint...he'll get his...a nice stay in Crowbar Hotel...maybe he'll wind up sharing a cell with the Purple Panda...or just be in one of his paranoid funks and just think he is. 

(Sorry for the rant.)
Its ok Linty, buddy...if you can't rant to your sweetheart, who can you rant to? 
Paula
*edited to finish...
This message was modified Mar 29, 2005 by Paula
AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

Reply #9   Mar 30, 2005 5:50 pm
Was Mr. Dress-up your personal favorite, or did you just forget to mention Chez Helene and The Friendly Giant?

<<remembering the glory days of the CBC>>

oh...the pain, the pain...

AZ

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #10   Mar 30, 2005 6:22 pm
say what...

you guys had TV when you were kids.

all we had were guns

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #11   Mar 30, 2005 8:00 pm
Little known fact that probably nobody cares about anyway: Ernie Coombs, Mr Dressup, was born in Maine.

That Friendly Giant was one tall giant for sure. Gerome the giraffe at full height only came up to his shoulders. The rocking chair by the fireplace was only as high as his ankles.

And poor Rusty the rooster was in the bag all the time. He never did kick that alcohol addiction.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

buttlint

Reply #12   Apr 1, 2005 8:46 am
Chris...Canadian guns dont count as real weapons.

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #13   Apr 1, 2005 7:11 pm
Lint...how did you find my gunsafe.

i had it hidden under my toy box. i guess the bubblegum lock system was no match for you either

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42