Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Toys and Socks bad for my Dyson?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Karen1995

Toys and Socks bad for my Dyson?
Original Message   Feb 13, 2020 5:17 pm
Hello everyone. today I did something that I never thought I would ever do. I finally realized my threat against my kids to just vacuum their rooms without clearing the floor of the mess they produce. In reality I never planned to actually do this, but the situation in their rooms got really bad the last couple weeks. I figured that sometimes, you just have to go through as a parent and show your credibility. So I began vacuuming my son's room (we own a Dyson dc52) and waited to get a reaction from him, I expected him to clear the floor for me, but he showed no signs of moving. I went through with my threat and vacuumed up some legos (classic), 2-3 little figurines and even a pair of socks. And here's my question: While talking about this today, I got told that this could actually damage my vacuum cleaner's motor. So I figured this forum was the place for me to turn to :) Now, myself I would have never thought about that, especially because even the big socks seemed to be no big challenge for my trusty Dyson. I just held the floor nozzle above the sock, the vacuum got louder for a second, and the sock just went through the hose with a "sluuurp" sound, like the Dyson didn't even flinch. Now, you can probably imagine that the legos also went through the hose without problems. This is why I can't imagine that such an expensive vacuum could be actually damaged by those things. But I wanted to get sure before proceeding with my education measures ^^ Please excuse improper english, and thanks in advance! Karen
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42