Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Need help picking a vacuum cleaner...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
tw23

Need help picking a vacuum cleaner...
Original Message   Jul 13, 2012 1:38 am
Hey, I need some help picking a vacuum cleaner. Price is not really an issue, but I want to use the vacuum cleaner for these purposes: -pet hair -carpet -wood floor -tile floor I also want the vacuum to be light-weight... Can anybody suggest a good vacuum? Thanks ;) . All the best, tw23
Replies: 47 - 56 of 66Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Need help picking a vacuum cleaner...
Reply #47   Oct 23, 2012 7:30 am
Rugbusters wrote:
Reviews and the like are fine when they come from someone who knows what they are talking about. This is, and has been, my whole point all along. Inaccuracies and glaring errors, however, are not acceptable - especially when you later attempt to position yourself as the go-to vacuum expert, or some sort of consumers' champion. Obvious bias is a very, very bad sign too. For example, complaining how it was SO unfair that Miele would not honour the guarantee on a vacuum that had been damaged by picking up wet dirt, yet claiming a broken Sebo drive belt was "totally" your own fault (despite being electronically protected and therefore supposedly break proof).

Nothing to do with Miele not being flavour of the month any more, because too many ordinary people are buying them now and they've lost their snob appeal? Hmmm, thought so.

And to then suggest that you are in a position to give this site a bad review, and the mods ought to be worrying about it? Because yes, that is exactly what you were implying by your thinly veiled threat. The hypocrisy burns! The only thing your reviews are any good for is demonstrating why you absolutely should not put too much faith in anything you read on the internet.

The rest I can't even be bothered to respond to, because it makes little sense and you're starting to waffle again like you usually do when lost for words. Maybe think it over and rephrase it a little, and we'll see where we can go from there.

P.S. Nice subtle dig at my "fingers in pies" statement by the way, but I'm afraid that's a bit of an own goal on your part. You see, we've diversified through being good at what we do, and have been running for nigh on forty years, doing the same job in the same location and with a growing customer base. Now, let's compare. You claim to have been a merchant buyer, a market researcher (i.e., someone holding a clipboard), and done lots of retail. Is this in addition to being an on-again-off-again teacher, and doing part time cleaning jobs to make ends meet? Yes, obviously very successful. Great track record. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Oh WHATEVER Steve, if that is your real name (or could it be Jamie, or JM the one that is banned from most forums on the internet?).  I dont see any of the posts and opinions you've cared to share, so really i can't quote you because you're too weak and false to provide any real time evidence to back up what you claim to be. I chose to do teaching because it was new and something different; info which I see you seem to take fun in sharing from my about me on Dooyoo.

Again, my experience is mine and I have the right to voice any opinion I wish to share. You don't seem to recognise that. You'll fit in well here, then!

You can look at other comments and reviews that show both Sebo and Miele in poor light as well as the good. You may well have a 40 year old history in your business, but I sincerely hope that your buyers are looking elsewhere like the internet for a far better deal and far better respect. End of the day if you can't take it, don't dish it.
mole

Reply #48   Oct 23, 2012 9:40 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Oh WHATEVER Steve, if that is your real name (or could it be Jamie, or JM the one that is banned from most forums on the internet?).  I dont see any of the posts and opinions you've cared to share, so really i can't quote you because you're too weak and false to provide any real time evidence to back up what you claim to be. I chose to do teaching because it was new and something different; info which I see you seem to take fun in sharing from my about me on Dooyoo.

Again, my experience is mine and I have the right to voice any opinion I wish to share. You don't seem to recognise that. You'll fit in well here, then!

So what kind of cleaner did the customer purchase?

Did they make the right choice?

Did you make any money on it?

Did you set them strait about  C.F.M  waterlift  airwatts, static suction  sealed suction. And other nonsense that no one cares about?

Tell Dyson  I'm still l ooking for my bonus............

regards

MOLE

Rugbusters

Reply #49   Oct 23, 2012 11:36 am
Yes, that is my real name thank you very much, so never mind "whatever". This is not high school. Whoever Jamie is, it's not me, and by throwing around such accusations you're only serving to make yourself look even more ridiculous. Don't forget we still don't know what your name is "RS", because you haven't shared it, and people in glass houses really shouldn't be throwing stones. All we can see relating to you is a list of vacuums you've kept to use as toys. And too right I'm not giving you information about my company, it isn't a condition of membership here and the last thing I want is time wasters like you dropping by. The benefit of being independent is that we can choose our customers if need be.

What makes you think I don't contribute or share to industry web forums? Perhaps not the ones you go to, but there are plenty where membership is restricted to those in the floorcare and cleaning trades, and you have to provide credentials in order to be granted access. Unfortunately, being a vac collector doesn't count, so you probably weren't aware of this fact. Any other forums (the ones you always seem to spend so much time on) are read-only to me.

Again, you know nothing at all about my business, so to comment on what my customers should or should not be doing is nonsensical on your part. They get a good deal and they also get plenty of respect, thanks for asking. Something you clearly have no concept of, having never been in business yourself, or even sticking at a particular job for long by the sounds of things. I've said it once and I'll say it again; merely playing at something does not mean you know what you're talking about. Share your opinion all you like, I'm not stopping you. But come back to me when you've actually built up a career and a reputation in your field, and maybe you'll be taken more seriously.

Quite why you're directing me to read more of your reviews is a mystery, because I'd much rather seek information from more accurate sources with less bias and irrelevant waffling. Perhaps you shouldn't preach to me about dishing it out, because I can do that all day long, and thus far it seems you're the one who can't take it. Too used to blind adulation from fellow reviewers, you get backed into a corner when it's revealed the extent of your expertise just happens to be liking vacuum cleaners a lot, and possibly a few short term jobs loosely associated with the home appliance trade at best. Wow.

Anyway, must dash - I've got work to finish off, and you've probably got more spammy reviews to write from your parents' computer. Have fun.
mole

Reply #50   Oct 27, 2012 9:23 am
Rugbusters wrote:
Yes, that is my real name thank you very much, so never mind "whatever". This is not high school. Whoever Jamie is, it's not me, and by throwing around such accusations you're only serving to make yourself look even more ridiculous. Don't forget we still don't know what your name is "RS", because you haven't shared it, and people in glass houses really shouldn't be throwing stones. All we can see relating to you is a list of vacuums you've kept to use as toys. And too right I'm not giving you information about my company, it isn't a condition of membership here and the last thing I want is time wasters like you dropping by. The benefit of being independent is that we can choose our customers if need be.

What makes you think I don't contribute or share to industry web forums? Perhaps not the ones you go to, but there are plenty where membership is restricted to those in the floorcare and cleaning trades, and you have to provide credentials in order to be granted access. Unfortunately, being a vac collector doesn't count, so you probably weren't aware of this fact. Any other forums (the ones you always seem to spend so much time on) are read-only to me.

Again, you know nothing at all about my business, so to comment on what my customers should or should not be doing is nonsensical on your part. They get a good deal and they also get plenty of respect, thanks for asking. Something you clearly have no concept of, having never been in business yourself, or even sticking at a particular job for long by the sounds of things. I've said it once and I'll say it again; merely playing at something does not mean you know what you're talking about. Share your opinion all you like, I'm not stopping you. But come back to me when you've actually built up a career and a reputation in your field, and maybe you'll be taken more seriously.

Quite why you're directing me to read more of your reviews is a mystery, because I'd much rather seek information from more accurate sources with less bias and irrelevant waffling. Perhaps you shouldn't preach to me about dishing it out, because I can do that all day long, and thus far it seems you're the one who can't take it. Too used to blind adulation from fellow reviewers, you get backed into a corner when it's revealed the extent of your expertise just happens to be liking vacuum cleaners a lot, and possibly a few short term jobs loosely associated with the home appliance trade at best. Wow.

Anyway, must dash - I've got work to finish off, and you've probably got more spammy reviews to write from your parents' computer. Have fun.

BAZINGA...............
hooverman

Reply #51   Jul 12, 2013 7:38 pm
VacmanUK & Rugbusters

U need to quit being such so mean & help out that individual

This message was modified Jul 15, 2013 by hooverman
QueenVac

Reply #52   Jul 19, 2013 5:35 pm
It sounds like you could use a good canister vacuum. Our favorites are the Miele canisters.   Miele canisters are light weight, user friendly, and suited for all types of flooring.
This message was modified Jul 20, 2013 by a moderator
mole

Reply #53   Jul 31, 2013 9:13 am
Go get a SHARK rotator its the bestest vacuumz in the world .The  bald fat guy on T,V, said so.It comes at  4 easy payments of 29.99. And you get free shippin and a steam mop.

It picks up 16 pool $#%* plus the rack and cue chalk.

And if you dont love your shark rotator just keep it and we will  give you your money back.Yes you keep the vacuum [because its only worth $18.00]

regards

MOLE

Vacuum_Man

Reply #54   Aug 12, 2013 11:28 am
Hi Everyone

I have had a read through this thread and in between the arguing and people waging war on each other, there is some good info. I found it useful to think about what it was I wanted and needed my vacuum for and then looked at a comparison chart to see which ticked the most of my boxes.

Does anyone in this forum own a Panasonic Vacuum? I have heard mixed things about them but a couple have a decent amp motor so am considering a trial with one.

Take care

This message was modified Aug 12, 2013 by a moderator
Katherine77

Reply #55   Sep 10, 2013 11:48 am
Most of the dysons I've used have worked wonders but if you are looking for something not as pricey I also found the Bissell clean view onepass does great work as well. I purchased one for a younger friend of mine who just go her own apartment. She loves it for her apartment.
This message was modified Sep 10, 2013 by a moderator
TheodoreRivera

Reply #56   Jun 27, 2014 7:34 am
YOu have to buy multi purpose vacuum cleaner it can fulfill all your need some good sugetions are: # Frontgate - Multi-purpose Home Vacuum Cleaner. # Miele S5980 Capricorn Canister Vacuum Cleaner w/ Full-Size AdjustablePowerbrush. # Sebo K3 Air Belt Canister Vacuum Cleaner. # Rainbow E Series Canister Vacuum Cleaner Wet / Dry. # Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner. # Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum. # Shark Navigator Professional hardwood floor vacuum cleaners.
Replies: 47 - 56 of 66Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42