Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Darcer

Ball vs follow me
Original Message   Feb 5, 2012 9:18 am
What do you think about these two technologies. Do you prefer ball vacuums (dyson) or vacuum with follow me (lg) ? I have got Dyson ball canister (DC37) and I love it, but I have never tried follow me canister from LG...
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Venson

Re: Ball vs follow me
Reply #1   Feb 5, 2012 11:38 pm
Darcer wrote:
What do you think about these two technologies. Do you prefer ball vacuums (dyson) or vacuum with follow me (lg) ? I have got Dyson ball canister (DC37) and I love it, but I have never tried follow me canister from LG...

I'm very glad you're enjoying yours but I am not much enthused with Dyson cans for the U.S. as they don't come with decent power nozzles. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W4Rg4oSWkY&feature=endscreen&NR=1

LG's Follow-Me can is brand new and has yet to prove itself on the market as well as its usefulness to users.  If you tell me a vacuum is designed to follow me, I expect just that.  Hard rights, lefts and backwards as well as forward.  However,  If you take note of the videos offered so far, the Follow-Me is trailing after a user who's traveling a relatively straight path and making very wide turns.  What has also not been shown is what happens when you're working in a room where you have to get around things.  Will the machine actually keep up with the user OR will it have to be lifted or manually pulled to get it to a required spot?  Can the transmission be put in neutral if you want or need it? 

New ideas in the vacuum draw in  interest and money but initial models may often be works in progress.  Look at the Hoover Dial-A-Matic beginning to end.

Canister vacuum features I appreciate:  electronic controls on the hose handle for switching the machine and power nozzle on and off plus an adjustment there for motor speed, an accurate full bag sensor that shuts the machine off, a blower port (scarce as hens' teeth these days).  If I could have that all in one package that cleaned well I'd be quite happy.  Thus, even though I'm crazy about LG vacs' usually great cleaning ability,I don't think I need a vacuum motorized to follow me around.   Easy to maneuver -- yes.

Speaking of great ideas, why did al lot of companies that picked up on self-propelled uprights after Hoover give up on the idea?  Added weight, too many maintenance or repair problems or because many simply didn't find the feature all that important?

Venson

This message was modified Feb 5, 2012 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42