Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Small dilemma . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Small dilemma . . .
Original Message   Sep 18, 2011 1:39 am
Hi,

Well, I've put New York behind me plus all the vacuums I had except for my Miele Capricorn. It's been doing an especially great job as I've moved into a place with carpeting already installed. The living room rug is brand new and not a problem but the one in the bedroom is only surface clean.

I've been amazed at the way the vacuum's filled almost two fresh bags in a row in just the first two days of going over that one, not so large room. It appears the prior renter had on hand only a Dirt Devil stick vac and a really beat up canister that both merited no more than throwing out.

Nonetheless, my problem is not that but that after pushing on the pedal for the Miele's SEB-236 PN's height adjustment a few times with my toe to get the height set-up "just right" (should have left it on "1" in the first place) the thing got stuck on setting "3". I can't get it to engage again and move me back to setting "1".

I at first thought this was something I could easily fix myself, but you know Miele. What's the name of the tool that undoes the weirdo screws on the PN's sole plate? Can I buy one? Indie guys can pass on any helpful info by PMing me. My lips are sealed and I promise I won't blow your cover. Thanks.

Venson
This message was modified Sep 18, 2011 by Venson
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Small dilemma . . .
Reply #7   Oct 30, 2011 7:02 pm
Torx Screws aren't used to keep you from opening the machine...That's what a warranty is for...LOL Actually torx is used because it is easier for the Assembler to put it onto a screw gun when they put the machine together... it won't fall off the screw gun as easily as a Flat head or Phillips head would. There ARE however Torx that have a center pin that ARE designed that way to prevent you from opening the product (I have these on the Rice Cookers we service). You need a Hollow Torx to get them.
Venson

Re: Small dilemma . . .
Reply #8   Oct 30, 2011 7:28 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
Torx Screws aren't used to keep you from opening the machine...That's what a warranty is for...LOL Actually torx is used because it is easier for the Assembler to put it onto a screw gun when they put the machine together... it won't fall off the screw gun as easily as a Flat head or Phillips head would. There ARE however Torx that have a center pin that ARE designed that way to prevent you from opening the product (I have these on the Rice Cookers we service). You need a Hollow Torx to get them.

Thanks Lucky1, that's good to know. Do you have any idea of how much of a Miele vac's assembly is handled by robotics?

Venson
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42