Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Central Vacuum System

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
icu222much

Central Vacuum System
Original Message   Aug 26, 2011 5:05 pm
I'm looking to purchase a central vacuum system unit for my rental house which is 3500 sq ft. This house already has the pipes built in, and I just need to purchase the power unit to get the system working. I am wondering if anyone can suggest a reliable system? I live in Vancouver.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
mole

Re: Central Vacuum System
Reply #1   Sep 1, 2011 10:05 am
Look into  ALLEGRO VACUUM SYSTEMS..

Great people to deal with.

Good luck

MOLE

hooverman

Reply #2   Sep 21, 2011 4:09 pm
MD SilentMaster since they're quieter than average.  They also are more efficient & not so messy to empty vs. bagless/cyclonic type.
Venson

Reply #3   Sep 21, 2011 7:28 pm
hooverman wrote:
MD SilentMaster since they're quieter than average.  They also are more efficient & not so messy to empty vs. bagless/cyclonic type.

But quiet should not be a great issue here as central vacs are meant to be installed in remote parts of your dwelling space in the first place.

As well, a good central vac should require emptying only a few times per year. That is far less maintenance than for bagless and even bagged vacuums. That makes bagless central systems the better and cheaper deal when it comes to an outlay for consumables.

As long as there is adequate but easily accessible space for a central unit in the house, like a garage or somewhere in the basement (no laundry room or attic installations please) that the inhabitants don't frequent and that allow for easy removal of the dust container when full, life should be great.

Only if this person has allergy and dust exposure issues, should there be reason to worry. There is already more than enough overkill regarding regular household vacuums. Ideally, central vacuums are meant to provide higher suction than portable vacuums can and are also meant to eliminate blow-back due to their exhausts being directed outside the home. To that I say, how dee-vine and cite that reasoning as all the more reason to have them installed and used as they were originally meant to be. Call for mufflers and filters for internal air exhausts just generate extra expense. It would probably be simpler to buy a good regular vacuum than worry yourself with "silencing" a CVS and fussing about filtration issues.

I'd do the most of my worrying in regard to finding a machine brand noted for its longevity and warranty coverage.

The only thing I would question here is the installation of a central vac in a home that's being rented. On the practical side "icu222much," should there arise need for you to move on, do you already have a game plan/destination in mind where the central vac might be re-installed without having to sacrifice your investment?

Venson
This message was modified Sep 21, 2011 by Venson
hooverman

Reply #4   Sep 26, 2011 9:29 pm
Or U can go for a Vacuflo they have filtered cyclonic & filterless "true" cyclonic systems.

Stay away from XXX Central-X; their reliability is VERY LOW & VERY POOR quality (although the bag system is nice because it uses 15-20 gallon shop vac bag)

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42