Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Miele . . .
Original Message   Feb 12, 2011 3:27 pm
Hi,

Following is a link to a Which? magazine announcement re the Miele S6 series Red Velvet canister.  The title is redundant as U.S. Miele already did this years ago with one of its cansiters but I suppose the public is expected to be wowed by the "velvety" feel of the cleaner's finish.  Wonder what they had in mind when they made my Capricorn.  Despite calims of more "oomph," I find what I've seen of this machine as nothing new by way of what Miele is already offering. 

If you are an insomniac, reading through the info will help you to get that much needed sleep you've missed.  But do check out links to Which? magazine's brief assessment of Miele's cat-and-dog vac and an eco-lone machine.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/02/miele-to-launch-velvet-vacuum-cleaner--244563/

http://www.miele.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/cylinder-cleaners/

A small point of interest is that Miele U.S. is putting out a top of the line PN quite similar to the last but with an LED light set-up.  I have yet to learn if this will exceed the use and efficienvy of the flourescent tyype bulb that came with mine.  Also, the American site has begun to show more attachment options again.  Only one, a double-jointed utility tool for dusting,  makes any sense.   Howwever, the privilege of owning one ran at about 35 bucks last year.

http://www.mieleusa.com/products/models_pages/1/1/models.html?nav=&snav=&tnav=&oT=27&cat=1&subcat=1

Venson

Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Re: Miele . . .
Reply #5   Feb 7, 2012 4:39 pm
Does anyone know if Miele plans to launch the new S194 Quickstep in the UK? Also is there any plans now they have entered the Upright market to extend the upright line up to include a compact lighter upright model like they have with their canister range? DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #6   Feb 7, 2012 7:23 pm
DC18 - As far as I know, when I emailed Miele about their "Alternative" (As it was originally known here in the UK before being renamed "Compact") stick vac years ago, I got a reply saying at the time that the only compact series they were going to launch became the cut price S5 in the form of the S2. IMHO the "S100" series isn't good - it has several downsides and the newer self seal bags however are an improvement as they stop the dust from falling out as the bag is placed downwards and liable to leak. I keep mine because it's rare - but it seldom gets used - so check on EBay from time to time to see if there's an S142 that comes up. If you're that desperate though.

Bosch have stick vacuums too interestingly enough - but they are not on sale or available in the UK.

I can send you a link to my review about my S142 if you wish!
Venson

Reply #7   Feb 8, 2012 6:31 am
DC18 wrote:
Does anyone know if Miele plans to launch the new S194 Quickstep in the UK? Also is there any plans now they have entered the Upright market to extend the upright line up to include a compact lighter upright model like they have with their canister range? DC18

Hi DC18,

To be honest, I can't see why they would.  The money is still too iffy -- getting it I mean.  I think lots of people are going to hang tight regarding less than necessary purchases..  It's not all that easy to sell a Shark Navigator at $200 much less a Miele stick at $300 or more that doesn't set up for attachment use easily and that requires costlier than usual bags. 

Who knows which way that will go though I have noticed prices on certan Items appear to be rising, leading one to think vendors of all kinds are feeling hopeful.

As for a compact upright, I think they probably need to sell what they already have.  A compact machine should have come out along with the intro of the full-size S7s.  LG's attempted to flesh out its line with lighter upright machines -- first the LuV250 and now the swivelly and swirvy LuV350.  The LuV350 I've seen being offered for as high as $399.  Not very enticing.  However, I've seen people much more interested in the bigger LG  uprights when they're on sale.

As I mentioned before, Miele's stick vacs are pretty powerful but also pretty pricy.  The model number escapes me, but there is one Miele stick that can "direct-connect to Miele power nozzles.  Somebody correct me if I wrong but I think you can use it with economy-level cleaning head as well as the top of the line.  At one time I was toying with the idea of getting one thinking I could hook up to the power nozzle that came with my Capricorn.  I'm sure it would do a great job but the cost is too impractical for a supplemental machine.  These stories end about the same with "doo-dads".  Year before last, my favorite local guy in New York was willing to sell the Miele Arts he had at ridiculously low price per pop just to get them out of his store.

Venson

This message was modified Feb 8, 2012 by Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #8   Feb 8, 2012 6:16 pm
DC16 - check out this latest vacuum from Panasonic in the UK- the Panasonic MC-UG614. It's not a stick vacuum per se, but pretty close. I know it comes with separate attachments and a hose that you have to screw on - but it also comes with a stabiliser so that it doesn't fall over.
Venson

Reply #9   Feb 9, 2012 12:58 am
vacmanuk wrote:
DC16 - check out this latest vacuum from Panasonic in the UK- the Panasonic MC-UG614. It's not a stick vacuum per se, but pretty close. I know it comes with separate attachments and a hose that you have to screw on - but it also comes with a stabiliser so that it doesn't fall over.

Hi vacmanuk,

Good call and what a coincidence.  Your Panasonic MC-UG614 is our Kenmore Glide.  However they don't supply an attachment kit with ours.  Being very good on carpet and bare floors, it scored midway at CR.  I demoed it at Sears and think it's a quite useful machine.  Light and easy to store, its not only good in small dwelling but useful to seniors or those with disabilities I'd say because of maneuverability.

It sells for a nice price of a hundred dollars here.  I only had one problem -- not so much with the machine but the seller.  It's a 10 amp machine and Sears was rtrying to pass it off as being "green."  It appears they given that up.

Best,

Venson

DC18

Reply #10   Feb 9, 2012 5:14 pm
Thanks Vacmanuk for your repliesinfo much appreciated. Yeah that would be great would love the link to your review of the S142 thanks. The Panasonic MC-UG614 looks a good vacuum, I think I saw it in passing in John Lewis but didn't think anything to stop and check it out, was more interested in the Miele and SEBO displays!! Have you tried this Panasonic Model then? Will have to take a look next time. I saw a video on Youtube under Govacuums which made me watch and become interested in this little stock vacuum and how versatile it looked. See what you mean about the bag setup and how it could leak although as you say the new self seal bags help. Like the fatc you can add the electric power head to it too! Will check eBay out thanks. DC18
DC18

Reply #11   Feb 9, 2012 5:22 pm
Hi Venson Thanks for the info, interesting. True money is tight at present for all and Company have to be careful of what they sell on the markets they are trading in to make sure they are getting good sales. I agree with you a compact upright would have come out by now, suppose they have enough full size S7's to sell! All the comments and reviews I read in the UK on the Miele S7 the only negative comment you mainly see is it is too heavy, but they liked that because it felt sturdy and well built! I did like the Miele Arts cool design, I always thought it was a shame they didn't do a version with a electric driven power brush roll! Probably would of worked just an idea!! Must admit I do like Miele Stick vacuums. DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #12   Feb 9, 2012 7:24 pm
Here you go, DC: http://www.ciao.co.uk/Miele_S_143__Review_6013186

and

I just found one on Ebay.co.uk (item 220946454892)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-MIELE-S143-ALTERNATIVE-LIGHTWIEIGHT-UPRIGHT-VACUUM-CLEANER-/220946454892?pt=UK_Vacuum_Cleaners&hash=item33716f596c#ht_4880wt_1189
This message was modified Feb 9, 2012 by vacmanuk
DC18

Reply #13   Feb 10, 2012 2:03 pm
Thanks Vacmanuk for the both links, I've read your review of the Miele 'The Alternative', very in depth and details review and very informative too. Found it very interesting. Have you by the way wrote a review on the SEBO X Series? Think I have read it when I was searching for review on this vacuum! Found that very interesting and informative, I've said to SEBO UK that SEBO vacuum in the UK are very underrated and should be promoted more! Checked out the eBay link of the Miele 'The Alternative', do like this vacuum as a light portable machine for light and quick tasks, including cleaning the car, be better than a rechargeable vacuum! DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #14   Feb 10, 2012 7:03 pm
DC18 wrote:
Thanks Vacmanuk for the both links, I've read your review of the Miele 'The Alternative', very in depth and details review and very informative too. Found it very interesting. Have you by the way wrote a review on the SEBO X Series? Think I have read it when I was searching for review on this vacuum! Found that very interesting and informative, I've said to SEBO UK that SEBO vacuum in the UK are very underrated and should be promoted more! Checked out the eBay link of the Miele 'The Alternative', do like this vacuum as a light portable machine for light and quick tasks, including cleaning the car, be better than a rechargeable vacuum! DC18

Ive done several reviews on the X1.1, X1 Automatic, X4 and X4 Pet.

Id love to say that the Miele stick vac is great for use in the car - but its not. This is because Miele stopped selling the extension flexible hose you used to be able to buy with the stick vacuum and using it as a large hand held is like directing a small fire extinguisher with a handle at the top and a tool at the bottom. If you must buy something for the car, and if you have a Sebo already, just buy yourself an extension hose and use the tools that your Sebo comes with. Or if you have a Miele buy the Vario Car Clean Set.
Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42